Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Holiday Party Tips

All of the fun holidays are right around the corner! You know what that means: loads of tasty treats! With any celebration comes food, and lots of it. If you're like me, it's been a long and hard journey, working very hard at eating healthy, exercising, and keeping our goals in mind. The last thing we want to do is over-indulge in the in all the awesome food that surrounds us during this season. You don't want to completely deny yourself the pleasures of mom's (all too buttery) sweet potato pie, or grandma's legendary extra cheesy mac n' cheese.. so what are some things we can do to avoid sabotaging all of our hard work? Here are a few tips that are probably common knowledge but will definitely help me stay on track!

1. Don't arrive hungry!
If you know you're heading to a holiday party or family get together don't skip a meal or arrive hungry. Before you leave, eat a small snack to you're not knocking people over at the buffet table.

2. Just be mindful during the party!
You don't have to deny yourself any food, but think about what you are putting on your plate and the portion size. Load your plate up with the veggies, and eat smaller portions of your favorites.

3. Eat your calories, don't drink them!
Water is definitely the best choice but why miss out! Try to limit yourself to one or two sugary drinks.

4. Stay active!
Don't let the party or event be an excuse not to exercise before or afterwards. I would try and exercise before you go to get myself in the right mind set (or even to allow myself extra calories) :)

<3

Replies

• Great tips, especially because from now until Christmas, we still have to navigate our way through Halloween AND Thanksgiving! I always arrive hungry at parties...it's a great tip to eat a snack beforehand and exercise too! That way you don't have to feel guilty when you do have that glass of wine.
  • S_of_Montreal
    S_of_Montreal Posts: 37 Member
    I noticed some of my naturally active family members doing. Whenever we had a family gathering, they would always do an extensive workout just before the party. One of them would always mention how they rather burn the calories than go on a diet. I just realized how smart that was. They burn some of the calories before the meal. I will be trying this before my next party.