UCSF online diabetes course starts this week - free

liznotyet
liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
Hello - Coursera.org is offering a free 5-week course about diabetes delivered by a team from University of California, San Francisco medical school.

The course is open to anyone - I think the homework is 3-5 hours a week, mostly watching online lectures and reading course notes. You can watch the lectures anytime of day online.

I have been a student of many Coursera offerings and it is a great way to learn more for free on your own schedule. I am hoping this diabetes course will motivate me to continue nurturing my body with healthy food and exercise so that I can minimize the need for drug intervention, but be prepared and informed in case my efforts are not sufficient and medication is required.

www.coursera.org.

Replies

• Heather_MXP
    Heather_MXP Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks for the reminder! I signed up for that at the beginning of the summer and then forgot about it!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Thanks...I signed up and just watched all the first set of videos. Some excellent information and am awaiting the next set.
  • schmoozyq
    schmoozyq Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for the reminder! I signed up for that at the beginning of the summer and then forgot about it!

I did the first 2 lessons and then got busy and forgot. :(
  • Thanks for sharing this resource. It's always good to know about different types of diabetes education programs. ~Lynn /Glucerna