3 year surgery-versary

Options
Agate69
Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
Wow, where did the three years go. I am 3 years post RNY today, and have never had a day of regret for that decision 3 years ago. For those of you thinking or exploring, in the pre stage, just had it done, doing fine losing fast, in a weight loss stall, or even trying again, believe me it has changed me for the better. You all know it is not an easy road, or the quick fix that so many believe, but a true life changer and a lifelong commitment.

Now for the excitement, my body contour surgery is set for Wednesday. The day is finally here, and I find myself preparing for another big change by eating protein, making sure all my vitamins and minerals are in line, pre preparing food and house so my family can fend for themselves for a few days. Funny thing, I am anticipating that it will be done in 90 ( or so the plan will be) and I will be back in my own bed by afternoon. I will not be able to lift more than 10 pounds for 4 weeks, and only excercise will be walking and walking some more for at least 4 weeks. Today, I did my last 3 mile run, and tomorrow will be my last lifting day till December. I am actually more concerned with this surgery than the RNY as I really do not know what the final result will look like. I have seen pics of others, but can not imagine not having loose belly skin, tight abdominal muscles and a waist to hold up my jeans. Every one has warned me that recovery is slow, swelling in great, and that the pain is real.... I can do this.

Thanks to those of you that have responded with past experiences and positive words. We will see:heart::love: :heart:

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So excited for you! I will be thinking of you as you go into surgery and hoping for the very best. Here's to a quick recovery!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the three years, and good luck on Wednesday. I look forward to hearing from you when it's over.
  • gramsoffive
    Options
    Congratulations on the 3 year anniversary!!

I pray that all goes well with your surgery tomorrow. Please let us know how you do!