Looking for Clean Eating Friends

Options

Replies

• nlpace02
    nlpace02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Like others, I try to eat clean most of the time without stressing too much when it just doesn't happen. I travel with my job and sometimes you just have to do your best. That being said, I'm starting the clean cleanse this week. I start the elimination phase on Wednesday and begin the cleanse on Saturday. Not expecting to make it all 21 days but I'm gonna give it a shot. Also, I've tried numerous recipes from spinach4breakfast and found them all delicious. Especially love the Sausage, Kale, Butternut squash soup on there! Good luck :-)
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i try to eat mostly clean, id say 85-90%. i am also a pescetarian if anyone wants to add me :)
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I, too, am looking for more clean eating companions...I am not 100% where I want to be, especially since some days I do not feel like cooking a darn thing except ovenable frozen foods from the "quick snack" aisle...especially when my buddy Quentin is at my place. And while he advocates eating "cheap," I can't always eat beans all the time, and there are just some things he honestly doesn't like the taste of. And frankly, I've begun moving away from eating fish as much as I used to just because of the Fukushima radiation reaching the upper and lower portions of the west coast. Does NOT bode well for salmon consumption on my part. Sad about this, but this is what happens when humans continue to screw up the planet. :P

Sooo...if you all have ideas, I'm all ears. My diary is kept private for now, just because I'm just getting the hang of entering things in and it's not looking as clean as I'd like it to be--and I'm ashamed of it, quite frankly.

But the more ideas I get from you all, the better, and once I get things cleaned up with my diet, make the changes I want to make, I'll be more open to letting my diary be seen. :P Yeah, I am just that skittish about criticism from others...I'm hard enough on myself as it is.
  • milo321
    milo321 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just joined the EC group. Starting with eat clean this weekend. Am reading T.Reno's book. Feel free to add me, but I am new this idea! :smile:
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm about 90-98%... My downfall tends to be eating my hubby's leftovers the next day (he refuses and I hate wasting food) he eats pretty clean too so it's not that bad. Anyway, feel free to add me :)
  • Rokoye83
    Rokoye83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please add me! My 4 year old daughter is allergic to nuts, wheat, dairy, soy, sesame, and corn. I was somewhat forced into clean eating due to her dietary restrictions, but it had helped me lose all the baby weight from my 11 month old daughter and just feel better in my body. I am always on the lookout for new recipes and support in the clean eating journey. My fiancé fancies himself a "chef" but does not like clean food, so there is a kitchen struggle in my home. Would love some friends that share my views on clean food!
  • karryann2008
    Options
    Just joined this group, would love some like minded friends. I've been eating clean for almost 3 years, still have a little treat of dark chocolate now and again. Not 100% compliant but pretty close.
  • AMdreams7
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to stick to Paleo for the most part.
  • ladytartis
    Options
    I just join this group yesterday but been on mfp since may i try to eat clean and still in need of help, with snacks,if any one would like to be friend by all means please add me. i could learn from others as they learn from me
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm also a clean eating "wanna be", trying to work myself in that direction. Feel free to add me! I'm looking for like-minded friends!
  • sandigirly163
    sandigirly163 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I just joined this group and I am looking for some clean eating friends too. I currently am about 80-90% clean but my goal is to be 100% clean and I need help!! Please add me!!
  • Billswife2011
    Options
    Hello all,

Please, please add me as a clean eating friend. I am an 'accidental' clean eater. I was on a 'weight loss program' and just happened to see the phrase 'clean eating', checked into it and decided to try it. I was not much of a cooker but I have learned that it being clean helps me to cook consistently. Luckily, my husband and chief taste tester has been in with me for every bump and grind. I would love to converse with more 'clean' people. I have noticed some many changes in my body, health and energy since going clean. Love it, love it, love it!! :smile: :smile:

Lisa
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get so bored with the same old meals.... always looking for new ideas! Feel free to friend me, I could use the support, creativity in cooking, and accountability! :o)
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. Although I have recently returned to MFP, I have been eating cleaner for decades. Always tweaking optimal nutrition and trying new recipes and foods.
  • AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I have been eating clean for years but I have evolved in what I define as clean as well. We organically garden and grow as much of our own produce in with growing season and then shop though organic coops throughout the rest of the year. This summer we moved to CO so I did not have a garden and I felt lost. I am excited to garden this year and see what I can grow out here. My favorite thing to grow are sweet potatoes but I am not sure how they will do here. :)

My diary is open but I only eat "clean" about 90% of the time. My definition of clean is to avoid the process junk. To me that means anything with more than ten ingredients and absolutely anything with anything that I don't know or use. Sometimes that is next to impossible and as a working mom I don't have time to cook everything. :) So yes we do have fall backs in the cupboards just not as much as a long time ago. :) I also do eat greek yogurt and almond milk, that I buy because I have tried to make it and the amount our little family goes though is amazing and I can't keep up with the demand. So the most processed stuff I buy are dairy products.

Always looking for great recipes. :)
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I hope no one is offended but I can't add any more friends right now. I'm barely keeping up with the ones I have already. Anyway, you can add each other. As far as clean eating goes, you sound like you can encourage each other better than I can, as some of you are really pros.
  • karenpoleary
    Options
    I'm also looking for some friends on here. :) I just joined yesterday and eat 90% clean. I'm a holistic nutrition student and aromatherapist from Nova Scotia, Canada. Anyone who wants to be friends on here, is very welcome to add me.
  • mel1abie
    mel1abie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends with you clean eating folks.
    I strive to make things from scratch and be a clean eater.
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My Diary is open to the public and we eat pretty clean pretty much all the time with. . . I'd say about 80 to 90 percent of the time anyhow. Feel free to add if you would like. I log religiously. Have a great night!!
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Im a married mum of 2 living in Scotland, UK.

Looking for clean eating friends from all over the world.

Pretty new to this clean eating game, losing slowly but enjoying the way clean eating makes me feel!

Please feel free to add :-)

Missismonty