I was weak, I was ashamed, I ate some pizza...

Options
EddieHaskell97
EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
Long story short, at my office Halloween party for the kids they were serving my favorite pizza in the world. I had to cut it up for my three year old, and ended up eating a few slices of cheese sheet pizza.

When I got home 45 minutes later I immediately went for a walk/run for over an hour, and followed it up with 20 minutes of heavy lifting in some crazy attempt to "burn out" the carbs I had eaten. I went to bed shortly afterward from exhaustion. Heck, I nearly fell asleep in the shower.

I didn't have time to do a ketone strip test this morning, but even if I'm out of ketosis, I can't see how it would take me all that long to get back into it.

So my questions are for those who do ketosis, but allow a "cheat meal" once in a while.

1. How long does it take to get back in if you've had about 100 grams of carbs in a meal?
2. Does exercising immediately afterward help expedite the process?
3. Should I even bother going back to ketosis with only two (or seven) lbs to go?
4. Does the Pope do ketosis in the woods?

Thanks!

Replies

• bigred01
    bigred01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    working out surely doesn't hurt. You will use the carbs during the workout. You should be back in ketosis within a couple days if you are out of it. I would not worry about it. It helps to eat carbs every now again even on low carb to fuel the furnace...
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Im ready to get back to this! Miss you guys!