finally,the world is catching on..well,Sweden at least

Options

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I doubt the U.S. will ever get there...
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The US and Canada won't ever get there. Not as long as big business is in charge and people refuse to take responsibility for their own health because the government will "look after us". But the government IS big business!

Fat/sick people are just too good for the profits of Big Pharma, Big Food, Big Chem, etc.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ THIS!!!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Interesting!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Very interesting article. Now if more people would watch that Fat Head documentary and read the studies, we'd all be much better off.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Very interesting article. Now if more people would watch that Fat Head documentary and read the studies, we'd all be much better off.

"Fathead" was very entertaining, but I think "The Perfect Human Diet" was better. It seems to take a more scientific and detached approach.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2014248/
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    There may be some hope for us yet.. I did hear someone say that they heard on 'Dr. Oz' that saturated fat isn't really the devil. And last night when I was exiting my local chain gym, I heard some trainer saying the same thing to some dude, following it up with 'cholesterol in your diet doesn't translate to the cholesterol level in your blood.'

Baby steps, right?!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    There may be some hope for us yet.. I did hear someone say that they heard on 'Dr. Oz' that saturated fat isn't really the devil. And last night when I was exiting my local chain gym, I heard some trainer saying the same thing to some dude, following it up with 'cholesterol in your diet doesn't translate to the cholesterol level in your blood.'

Baby steps, right?!

Sadly, Dr. Oz may help in this case :sad:
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    There are a variety of reasons I wish I could whisk my family away to Sweden forever. I'll just add this to the list.
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Crazy, that was not the case when I lived in Sweden ...or Denmark for that matter I was there when they introduced saturated fat tax . NZ and Australia are starting to catch on, I've really noticed it, it just started happening in the last few weeks.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Crazy, that was not the case when I lived in Sweden ...or Denmark for that matter I was there when they introduced saturated fat tax . NZ and Australia are starting to catch on, I've really noticed it, it just started happening in the last few weeks.
    I've noticed that too! You can even buy a bag of kale chips in my local Coles now -- its $8, so I haven't bought them because expensive. But its crazy, a year ago we didn't even have a gluten-free section.

Also I just bought a coffee from the cafe up the road. They made it on almond milk! <3 Amazing. Its the only cafe in town that would stock almond milk.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Very promising!
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too! You can even buy a bag of kale chips in my local Coles now -- its $8, so I haven't bought them because expensive. But its crazy, a year ago we didn't even have a gluten-free section.

Also I just bought a coffee from the cafe up the road. They made it on almond milk! <3 Amazing. Its the only cafe in town that would stock almond milk.

Where about's in Australia are you. I was in brisbane for five weeks and it looks like I might have to move there. While I was there I hit up the paleo cafes (primal pantry is sooooo good) and several of the jan power farmers markets have people selling paleo food . So cool. But it was the media that had lots of stories about fat is good and sugar is bad like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU3GvRsFHqY and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVf-00w5gk and lots of articles in the SMH .
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Where about's in Australia are you. I was in brisbane for five weeks and it looks like I might have to move there. While I was there I hit up the paleo cafes (primal pantry is sooooo good) and several of the jan power farmers markets have people selling paleo food . So cool. But it was the media that had lots of stories about fat is good and sugar is bad like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU3GvRsFHqY and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDVf-00w5gk and lots of articles in the SMH .

I'm just outside of the Blue Mountains(of recent bushfire fame). There's a paleo cafe in Sydney CBD but they're only open on weekdays :'(

My partner has started following someone on facebook called The Paleo Chef or something -- he told me yesterday that they're planning a big picnic in Centennial Park. Like a giant potluck - its free to attend and everyone has to bring a dish. I definitely want to go!