South Beach vs Atkins

Options
Kathryn41057
Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
Good Morning!!!!
I have been doing Atkins for the last 11 days. UGH !!!
The 3rd wk of October, my BIL told my husband and I that he was doing Atkins, and that he was down 20lbs.. Needless to say my husband was quite excited, and wanted us both to give it a try... You see, the 3 of us have a challenge going..to see who can lose the most weight by the 3rd week of December. The loser has to go to the winner's home and cook dinner for them. Appetizers, main, dessert, the whold 9 yards...... Anyway, I decided to give it a try. The first few days weren't too bad, but now that I'm almost thru my 2 weeks of Induction, I'm not sure this is something that I can stick with. I miss my yogurt, oatmeal, extra veggies, beans, you name it.
I guess what I am asking is.... for those who may have tried Atkins before South Beach, what are your thoughts? I have read many good things about South Beach in the past, and am wondering... Kat :)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    @Kathryn did you get your answers? Atkins and Southbeach do have a few things in common, but are also quite different. For one, South Beach isn't a low carb diet.
    Hope you found the info you are looking for.