Final Results - NROLFW My Way - with pics

Options
Well, it’s been six months since I started this weight lifting journey, and I’m calling it – I’m done with the NROLFW program! Oh, it’s in my back pocket – I would certainly consider doing another round in the future.

My last check in was two months ago, and in that time I did two workouts of Stage 6 and decided for my goals, I would skip it. I did four of the six workouts for Stage 7, and holy moly they were tough. I think I sweat, cursed, and struggled more on the last stage than all of them combined. I wouldn’t have been able to get through ANY sessions without building up in the first 5 stages. But after that fourth workout, a series case of wedding mania took over my brain and I went a little crazy. After a week or so eating like crazy and skipping the gym entirely for yoga videos on Hulu, I realized I could either continue like this in fear of those last tough workouts, or get back in the gym and do what felt good to me. So that’s what I’ve been doing – a mix of lifting, strength moves like push-ups and planks, a bit of running/HIIT, and yoga. I’m getting married in 14 days and I feel so happy about my progress and all that I’ve learned. I’m no expert, but here are some of my most valuable lessons:

1.) You’re stronger than you think you are, and you won’t know how much until you test your limits.
2.) This is a slow-going road. It’s taken me six months to lose almost seven pounds. But, it’s seven pounds that I am confident won’t creep back without a fight. It’s not about the scale, or even the dress size. It’s about admiration of your muscles in the mirror, the comments from co-workers about your hard work showing, the way your posture improves, and the way your clothes make you look like a million bucks. And also, how you feel just fine taking them off for your significant other. ;)
3.) Consistency wins in the end.
4.) There is a way to improve your health and fitness while still drinking wine and eating cheeseburgers. If I had cut them out, I’d have lost more, and faster. But this method felt tolerable for me and I believe I’ve practiced something sustainable.

What’s next? Hit the gym a few more times before the wedding, focus on eating well, getting rest, being sweet to my fiancé in our final days of engagement. After a week in wedding town and a week honeymoon, I’ll be back in time for Thanksgiving and ready to focus on my winter workout schedule. I did buy Drop Two Sizes and I’ve actually been following the meal plan pretty closely – for those who are interested, it calls for about 1400-1500 calories a day and has well-balanced macros and tasty foods. I think the workouts look awesome, not as “heavy” per se, but very challenging. I’ve also considered Strong Lifts. So – who knows?

Stats (since beginning):
Weight: 159 → 152.4 – total loss of 6.6 pounds
Triceps: 13 → 11.5 – 1.5 inches lost!
Chest: 38.75 → 35.75 - 3 inches lost!
Ribcage: 33.75 → 31 -2.75 inches lost! Time for new bras ☺
Waist: 32.25 → 29 – 3.25 inches lost!
Abdomen (navel): 36.5 → 33 - 3.5 inches lost!
Hips: 40 → 38 – 2 inches lost!
Thigh: 24.25 → 23 – 1.25 inches lost!

That’s a total of 17.75 inches. Pretty cool. Go lifting!

Picture time!
Front before
ab56dba6-7689-4baa-8d6c-c620660f0c5d_zps9937a116.jpg

Front now
lizfrontoct_zpsfcc638e7.jpg

Side before
a3f73b6c-57f2-4da2-ad76-8dd9d8a400e3_zps4b7ef6a5.jpg

Side now lizsideoct_zpscd1c9f97.jpg

Back Before
825774a7-412e-4fbe-b8ad-b38cf87e7046_zpse2c2a425.jpg

Back now
lizbackoct_zps8a195a5d.jpg

As always, thanks for all your support and kind words. I will definitely stick around this group because it is filled with a bunch of badass women. Have a great weekend!

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Way to go!
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome! You look great, congrats on these results!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! You look great!!! :D
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    This is so weird of me to say, but I noticed that in your "befores" one arm is bigger than the other. In the "afters" they're evened out. It's cool! And, the change is amazing. You look hot! Great job! :drinker:
  • Suzd1976
    Options
    I have just started nrolfw and I can't tell u how inspiring your pictures are....amazing job, You look great.
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    You look amazing! You definitely replaced fat with muscle. I am starting stage 3 today and you are an inspiration!
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks amazing! I really hope mine flattens out like that !
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the engagement & upcoming wedding!! So exciting! & wow. Just wow. You look amazing! I'm barely on stage 2 right now so I still have a ways to go.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and engagement! You rock!~
  • bitterwaitress
    bitterwaitress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yep your stomach looks so flat!!!! I hope mine flattens out like that too!!!!
  • jszxzcole
    Options
    Bumping 4 when I'm feeling discouraged
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look so great :D
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am just starting the programme so results like these are great motivation. You look great!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing results! Good for you :)
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Good luck with the wedding!!
  • redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your results are amazing! Thank you so much for posting this. It is exactly the inspiration I need to keep going!
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you actually come and look at your own results pictures for motivation! HA! Going to the gym tonight for some heavy lifting! Progress takes time, but it's sooooo worth it.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, congrats!