New Year's Challenge

Options

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck in one of those not-so-fun plateaus! I am stuck in the 202-205 range and I just want to lose those last few pounds so I am under 200 for the first time in 18 years! Sigh! This week my goal is to drink more water and see if that helps. We shall see!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Finally hit below that 137 mark and am at 136.2. 1.2 pounds to reach my goal of 135. As I look at my body at this stage, I can see where I should still shoot for below the 130 mark. But, for New Year's Day, I am hoping to see that 135. I will continue with as much cardio and strength training as I can manage, but I DO intend on a few holiday goodies if they fit into my calorie/menu plan!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm on track so far with 13 of 32 pounds lost.
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Okay, I'll shoot for this. I'm still going for that 135 goal. This year I do plan on a few indulgences--like a piece of cranberry orange bread or decorated sugar cookie once in a blue moon. Optimally, I'd like to see the 120's, but we'll stick with the 135 for now.
    So, I'm in.
    Current weight is 137.
    Goal weight by 1/1/14 is 135.
    Maybe this time I will see success!

Finally making progress, and why and how I don't know because I have eaten some wonderful holiday foods recently. I am at 135.8 now, 0.8 pounds from my final goal. That will put my BMI at just under 22 and I think I am happy with that. I THINK.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll shoot for this. I'm still going for that 135 goal. This year I do plan on a few indulgences--like a piece of cranberry orange bread or decorated sugar cookie once in a blue moon. Optimally, I'd like to see the 120's, but we'll stick with the 135 for now.
    So, I'm in.
    Current weight is 137.

Finally making progress, and why and how I don't know because I have eaten some wonderful holiday foods recently. I am at 135.8 now, 0.8 pounds from my final goal. That will put my BMI at just under 22 and I think I am happy with that. I THINK.

Way to go! That's awesome!!! That must feel amazing to be so close!
  • stroynaya
    Options

Congrats! As to the why, perhaps you just needed a change? Sometimes our bodies get too used to all our normal foods and exercise and when you change it up, you get results.
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the kind responses! I just wish the weight that came off came off where I WANTED it to come off--the stomach area. I'm thinking that I would have to shoot for 10-20 more pounds to lose it, but am afraid of losing it in the wrong places. But on the other hand, much of it could be skin that I am mistaking for fat. Guess that is something to address with my surgeon in February when I see him next.
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Made my goal this morning. Took me forever, but it feels so good--especially after trying to get there for several months! Goal was 135 and I made it to 134.8. The best part is that the inches in the waist are going down!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Congrats Ann!
  • 13turtles
    Options
    Ann,

Great job! You have been working so hard, and are so positive on these boards. Good for you!

As for me, still stuck, stuck, stuck! But I am keeping to my water and exercise, and hope that I reach the first part of my goal by the 18th and the rest by the time this challenge ends.
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    A few days less than a month to go! I hope everyone is doing well and working towards those goals!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    sw: 203
    cw: 198
    gw: 183
    exercise goal: anything... yikes I need to do this!

Still not good on exercising, and the weight loss is slowing down some so i know I need to change it up. All is good though. Thanks to all for helping me keep my head in the right place!
  • stroynaya
    Options
    Well I maintained over Thanksgiving, but not much loss, which means I gotta get it in gear to lose 15 more pounds before new years in order to meet my goal. My eating is pretty good, but exercise has been suffering lately, so more days at the gym and remembering to walk on breaks at work.
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ann congrats on reaching your goal!!
    SW: 279.5
    CW: 269.5
    GW: 255

I'm working on my goal!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving
    Gerri
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    Glad to see more people still joining! :smile:
  • sashahanrahan
    sashahanrahan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, Ann!

I only have 7lbs to go for the challenge! I think I can do it. :)
  • Joanne1568
    Joanne1568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello All...
    I am new to this group as well and would love to join this challenge.

CW 322.8
    GW 299.0

Can't wait to get started... Good luck to everyone.
    :)
  • 13turtles
    Options
    Here's my progress for this challenge so far:

SW: 204
    CW: 200
    GW: 195

I had a good stall going for quite some time, but now I seem to be losing again. I think I might actually be able to hit this goal! We have 3 weeks left!!!
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My goal seems to be in jeopardy. I have 2 1/2 weeks left but 11.5 lbs to go. I am following the plan but really thought I would be losing the 5-7 lbs a week I was told the average person loses with a sleeve. Don't get me wrong I'm happy and proud of the loss, it's the first holiday season in my life that I didn't gain weight during the holidays. It just I don't know if I'm not losing enough? Is there something I am not doing?

CW: 266.5

Gerri
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My goal seems to be in jeopardy. I have 2 1/2 weeks left but 11.5 lbs to go. I am following the plan but really thought I would be losing the 5-7 lbs a week I was told the average person loses with a sleeve. Don't get me wrong I'm happy and proud of the loss, it's the first holiday season in my life that I didn't gain weight during the holidays. It just I don't know if I'm not losing enough? Is there something I am not doing?

CW: 266.5

Gerri

I'm not sure who told you you would lose 5-7 pounds a week, but that is very misleading. Loss depends on a number of factors. I was losing five for a while, but I was a lot bigger than you when I was losing that much. By the time I got to your weight, I was happy to have a three pound week.

Just keep working the plan, doing the things you are supposed to be doing. Weigh and log all your food. If there is a secret to success, that is it. If you aren't weighing your food, you are just guessing, and you will guess wrong. Do those things, and you will succeed.