November chat

Options
2»

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    With the colder temperature came the flu! Already on day 5 and feel very bad still. Going to try to get some shopping done tomorrow at Target because they have the electric cart to ride on if I feel too weak to walk a lot. Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    Flu is no fun at all. Hope you're feeling better today.

It is cold and more snow is expected around here tonight or tomorrow. I was hoping the last snow would be it till Thanksgiving but nope.
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Joe_Atlanta Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've had an extremely busy 6 weeks, lots of work, not so much exercise. No time to check in on the board. I have kept up with my food diary and although the weight loss has slowed, it has continued.

I'm down to 1.4 pounds to go and hope to hit my goal weight in the next couple of weeks. 90 lbs in a little over a year. Found this graphic on facebook and it kind of summed up my experience:
    workhard.jpg
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well done Joe, even more so if you have been working hard. Sometimes those are the times we "relax" a bit on the counting side of things. I'm sure you will get to your goal this side of Christmas.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    A Thanksgiving Poem for all MFP friends…

funny-thanksgiving-pictures-1.jpeg
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Wooken - that is a cute poem. Happy Thanksgiving to all here. I am having such a up/down month with my two pounds up/down -- but I am gonna stick with it -- at least I can manage control better than I could a few months ago.

Family meal at our house -- daughter will be here in the morning to help prepare .... ham, green beans, yams, corn casserole, and rolls. Desserts will be cherry pie and a chocolate silk pie. I might devil eggs tonight .... too.

Grandson and I are now relaxing after stacking firewood and getting a nice cozy fire going in the fireplace. Bring on the winter ---we are ready. I even put on flannel sheets for one of the cabin guests! A cozy touch!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. BLESSINGS TO ALL! :drinker: Wine toast to each !
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Joe, I have missed your posts. Glad your back.

And a big congrats on the weight lost this year!!!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Remember no matter what you did with family and friends

regretnothing.gif
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I ended up making part of dinner as my darling daughter cut her finger with my electric knife.After she went to urgent care we had a very nice dinner then the kids came to my house and put up my Christmas tree! Went over my planned calories but not too bad. Hope everyone had a beautiful day!!!
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Colorful+Turkey+Vegetable+Platter.jpg

Hubby spent a couple of hours cleaning and chopping all the produce to make this turkey. Needless to say...it was a big hit. The DD made up a Greek yogurt + dry Ranch mix dip that was delicious. Looks like we now have another family tradition for Thanksgiving.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    WOW. How cute is that turkey? Looks good enough to eat :bigsmile:
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wooken3: I love the turkey; very inventive!

We are now home from Thanksgiving with my stepdaughter and her family. She is a fantastic cook and made sure everything was gluten free, too. We had a great time spending time with them and especially enjoyed the kids. Now it's back to my own household chores to get things cleaned and organized for Christmas.