2014 Bride Check In

Options

Replies

• keribernstein9
    Options
    I only have 10 pounds to get to my goal weight but, I'm starting to get nervous I won't lose it by my May wedding! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I hope you can because my wedding is the 2nd May and I want to lose 20lb!! :noway: :laugh:
    I'm just going to have to get up early and get on my treadmill or doing 30DS. Suggestions also welcomed lol. x
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    New to the group...not new to MFP! I am getting married in July! I have about 6 months or so to go and I have lost about 25 pounds so far and I am looking to lose another 15 pounds or so! I have my venue and all my vendors, found my dress and bridesmaids dresses and this weekend I am starting a few diy projects! Next big thing on my list is to order invitations!
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome new ladies!!!

We can do it! I myself and getting nervous because I have gained back about 7 pounds since the start of the holidays. I've four months to go and at a plateau. BUT we can to it!

I myself have a question for you all. Invitations: is it necessary in today's modern works to have inner envelopes as long as you are specific in the outer envelope? I'm trying to cut costs and find this to be kind of silly. What are you girls doing?

I'm a little disappointed because I was dead set on these centerpieces. I started researching to buy the materials for it and came to the awful conclusion that they're out of budget. :(((((. I am so heart broken. So I'm attempting to figure something else out :(.
  • keribernstein9
    Options
    Hey! I made centerpieces for my engagement party that were cheap and beautiful! I used glass tumblers and bought mirrors to put them on, I then bought floating candles and put colored beads and rocks on the bottom. You can also do this with a flower included.
  • keribernstein9
    Options
    So since we are all brides here, what is everyones goal weight for their weddings? What is your weight and height now?
  • AuroraCoL
    AuroraCoL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

My fiance proposed last month, and we're looking forward to our wedding this labour day weekend! I've gained 10 lbs since we first met 5 years ago, so I'm trying to shed it in the next few months before I go shopping for my dress. I'm 5'4" aiming for 117 lbs. It doesn't sound like much but it'll be a real challenge as I've never been able to maintain a good diet for more than a week or so. I'm trying to make a life style change!

Wish me luck, and best of luck to the rest of you lovely brides.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and aiming for 120, so we are pretty similar (except I have more to lose!)

Weight loss is going well so far. I lost 1.6 pounds this week and my body fat went down almost 2%.

As for wedding planning, I feel like I am entering a stressful stage. As we get closer to May, there is so much to do!
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll just be ordering from somewhere like Davids Bridal or even online at Etsy. *sigh* I just don't know.

I'm an AVID online shopper (especially for shoes!!) however I really advise you against it for your wedding dress.
    Other people may have had a different experience but all my 'dream' dresses from Pinterest did absolutely nothing for me when I tried them on. My dress is NOTHING like I imagined but I do feel really good in it. I'd really suggest going to a good bridal shop where they'll help you find the perfect dress for your body shape.

Once you have a good idea, you could always then get back online if you really wanted to x

Thank you! I will do this!:flowerforyou:
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello girls!!!!!

Some of us are in the final stretch :) We're getting the small details finished here. We chose our guest book. We're doing the whole Jenga thing where guests sign Jenga blocks. My fiancé and I have game nights sometimes and it just fits us. We still have to figure out gifts. I wrote that letter to my dad. I just have to rewrite it in nice handwriting. Hopefully it helps him see where I'm coming from and understand. My bridal shower is coming up at the end of this month. I'm pretty excited. They have a secret theme but I'm pretty sure it's Alice in wonderland themed; a mad hatters tea party. :). I'm pretty excited.

This brings me to the next thing. My MOH asked me what I would like to for my bachelorette party. I'm asking for ideas. I really am not the lets go out and get drunk off our *kitten* type of girl. What type of alternatives do you know of?
  • Cal28
    Options
    I'm going cocktail making but it was more just to suit everyone else. I wanted to do a fun activity day but it's not something half my friends would like, they tried talking me into a pamper/spa day which could be nice but I hate being messed with. :-)

Going indoor skydiving for my birthday the same week with just a few of us instead.

In the UK there are loads of options, design & make your own shoes, chocolate making workshops, make your own spoof pop video, paintballing, 'Go Ape'. I imagine there would be even more in the States!

Aww lovely you're having a wedding shower, I hadn't even heard of them until I came on here. :-)

We still need a gift for my parents, what are you all going with for parents of the Bride/Groom? x
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I am getting married in Oct. I am really starting out pushing myself to loose 50lbs by then. It has been a struggle but I will get it this time, I need to get it.
    If any of you would like to add me please feel free too.
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Getting married in November and have been struggling to take the weight off. I'm working hard at it I think but I just keep maintaining. Just gotta keep with it doing the right things and the weight will eventually drop - i hope!
  • sea_tern
    sea_tern Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm getting married in August and everyday I'm amazed that there's something else to do - weddings are crazy!

I've been using this checklist to keep me on track if any of you are like me and love checking off boxes: http://www.realsimple.com/weddings/planning/wedding-planning-checklist-00000000000222/index.html

I've totally been slacking on my eating and exercise recently and I'm now really motivated to get back to it. My dress was ordered in December and should be in next month or so. I'll need to get it hemmed so I think that will be my first fitting but does anyone know how late I can leave the fittings for taking it in? I'm hoping to lose about 15 pounds over the next three months so that would mean taking it in in June... is that too late for an August wedding?

Thanks!

P.S. Fee free to add me - I'd love some friends!
  • Bethie8585
    Options
    Hello!!!

My wedding is in June (12 weeks, 3 days to be exact ha) and I feel like most, stressed!!! My family doesn't help they're the most negative people in the world. My engagentment party was ruined, first wedding shower mother wasn't speaking to me but I'm trying to push out negativity and focus on the fact that I'm getting married to a wonderful man :)

:) All the Stress has no surprise caused my weight to fluctuate throughout our engagement. I'll be really motivated then something will happen and I'll feel depressed and don't want to move. It's very frustrating!

With only 12 weeks to go I'm kicking it into high gear (though living in Ohio with the crazy weather of 60 one day and arctic the next being active outdoors is hard) I recently purchased a mini-trampoline and it's kicking my butt which I'm hoping works!
  • Cal28
    Options
    Haha so glad to hear someone else is having waves of on & off motivation!
    My wedding is 7 weeks now (eek!) and I've list all motivation.

On the plus side I'm not remotely stressed (by the wedding anyway) and living 10,000 miles away from everyone means no engagement parties, bridal showers etc. just the hen do the week before! Hopefully it won't be stressy.

What do you do in the mini trampoline? I'm doing Insanity (only on day 4) and I really like it. X
  • Bethie8585
    Options
    Man I should have moved away before the engagement! Ha :)

The trampoline I do different jumps, like jumping jacks, then jump and bring the legs up to work the stomach. I put it infront of the TV in the Living Room and I make a bet with my fiance on how long I'll last...I'm competitive so it helps keep me on it ha :) Only had it for a week so those are the two moves I do most frequently and just regular jumping to get the heart rate up.

So far I like it which is a big relief because I tend not to do very well with workout videos, I'm not the most graceful of people and I tend to fall behind watching them, get discouraged and throw the remote at the tv haha

I've heard of Insanity but never tried it! Glad you found something you enjoy, it's taken me awhile to figure out that, thats the key! If you don't enjoy it, you won't stick with it :D
  • Cal28
    Options
    Lol it's had it's pluses but I feel like I missed out on a lot of the fun stuff too

Lol I think a trampoline would drive my OH crazy. He'd be like " get out of the way of the TV!" Lol.

Glad it's working for you :-)
  • BrideCountdown
    Options
    New bride-to-be here! June 2014 wedding, looking to lose about 10 pounds between now and then. This is a brand new wedding-centered MFP profile for me, so if you'd like a friend who will give you encouragement on your journey to being a bride, feel free to send a friend request!

Yay brides-to-be 2014!