Weigh In Week of 11/04/13

Options
luluinca
luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
Good morning everyone! So this begins week 3 of this challenge. A few of us are already visiting the 10 and 20 pounds lost pages.....................great job. I'm primarily using the challenge as a tool to track my weight loss since we began this challenge, so I won't be at the 10 lb. loss mark for at least two or three more weeks. I keep looking at that sack of potatoes and thinking I can't wait to lose that. Anyway, I haven't weighed in since last Thursday so I'll probably wait until the end of this week to actually check in again.

Good luck to all of you. I'm traveling next weekend for three days so I'm a little worried about that but am trying to figure out how to stay within my calories each day. I think one hotel (in Utah) has an indoor pool but I don't know what it's like so I may be walking instead and I know our hotel in Vegas has a gym so I'll do that as well. I won't mind too much if I don't actually lose weight next week but I hope not to gain.....................that would mean success to me.

Have a great week everyone and use this post for whatever y'all want, it's sort of an open thread for the week IMO and a way for us to get to know each other a little better and offer the support and friendship that MFP is so famous for.

Replies

• luluinca
    Options
    I wasn't going to record my weight today but I like to weigh on Monday just to make sure I did okay on the weekend and lo and behold, two pounds gone. I'm half way to the first 10 pound challenge since we started. I'll take that.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to record my weight today but I like to weigh on Monday just to make sure I did okay on the weekend and lo and behold, two pounds gone. I'm half way to the first 10 pound challenge since we started. I'll take that.

Awesome!
  • HiImJayme
    HiImJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nice Lulu! Great work!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks girls............I was really surprised. I think I'm keeping better track of both my calories and my burn rate. Either that or all my work last week just kicked in................LOL

I need a good positive week going into next weekend so I can stay on track. This will be my first real test of being away from home for a few days and sticking to it.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!
    SW 330
    JW: 296 (group join weight)
    CW: 292.5

Down another 1.5, yay!!!

Total 3.5 down and 6.5 to go to 1st 10pounds lost!

I also want to say that tomorrow marks exactly 6 months for me to start this weight loss journey and I've lost almost 40lbs. I have dropped 2 pants sizes and not sure how many inches, will be measuring tomorrow. It's been a crazy ride, weeks when I wanted to quit and weeks I was ecstatic to still be losing weight. I've done weight watchers in the past and the most I lost was 40lbs, so I am looking forward to pushing past this number 40 and keep going until I hit goal.

I joined another group that was a lose 40lb by New Years (in late Aug) and started out there at 310, am 17.5 pounds down since then. There were lots saying that the 40 by NY's was unobtainable etc which I am not saying it is or isn't but it was the first challenge I joined and it's kept me pushing forward. So even if I don't lose another 22.5 by NYE, I am cool with it. The point is that it made me work at it, keep pushing no matter how hard it is to do at times.

My goal is to lose another 12.5 to hit 50lbs lost by New Years, and I have 8 weeks to do it! Overall I am doing pretty well, sticking to my calories daily but I am not doing enough exercise, so I need to get a kick in the butt and do it! I am doing to start a new thread for daily exercise so hopefully that will help me.

Thanks for reading my novel lol but I just had to share that I am excited about my current loss/ 6 month mark :)
  • HiImJayme
    Options
    Weigh in day!
    SW 330
    JW: 296 (group join weight)
    CW: 292.5

Down another 1.5, yay!!!

Total 3.5 down and 6.5 to go to 1st 10pounds lost!

I also want to say that tomorrow marks exactly 6 months for me to start this weight loss journey and I've lost almost 40lbs. I have dropped 2 pants sizes and not sure how many inches, will be measuring tomorrow. It's been a crazy ride, weeks when I wanted to quit and weeks I was ecstatic to still be losing weight. I've done weight watchers in the past and the most I lost was 40lbs, so I am looking forward to pushing past this number 40 and keep going until I hit goal.

I joined another group that was a lose 40lb by New Years (in late Aug) and started out there at 310, am 17.5 pounds down since then. There were lots saying that the 40 by NY's was unobtainable etc which I am not saying it is or isn't but it was the first challenge I joined and it's kept me pushing forward. So even if I don't lose another 22.5 by NYE, I am cool with it. The point is that it made me work at it, keep pushing no matter how hard it is to do at times.

My goal is to lose another 12.5 to hit 50lbs lost by New Years, and I have 8 weeks to do it! Overall I am doing pretty well, sticking to my calories daily but I am not doing enough exercise, so I need to get a kick in the butt and do it! I am doing to start a new thread for daily exercise so hopefully that will help me.

Thanks for reading my novel lol but I just had to share that I am excited about my current loss/ 6 month mark :)

Awesome! Love your attitude and your goal. I know you'll hit your New Year's goal!
  • HiImJayme
    Options
    I was down .6 this week. I get annoyed with the little losses but, looking back over my reports, it seems to be my trend to have a big loss one week, then little to no loss, then a big loss, etc. Its hard to stay motivated when you don't see the loss you know you earned by working hard and staying w/ in your calorie goal BUT I find the reports help me to get a grip on the bigger picture.
  • luluinca
    Options
    fpelletier

"I also want to say that tomorrow marks exactly 6 months for me to start this weight loss journey and I've lost almost 40lbs. I have dropped 2 pants sizes and not sure how many inches"

What a great accomplishment, but even more than that I can hear the confidence you have in yourself by your words. I think you will meet any goal you set your mind to.

I'm really happy that a few of us are keeping weekly tabs on one another....................I think it helps..................for me at least.

Keep going, you're doing great!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Jayme

"I was down .6 this week. I get annoyed with the little losses"

I do too but you're right, we have to keep the longer trend line in our sights. Weight loss doesn't seem to be linear, I bounce around quite a bit during the week and then when I look back over several weeks I see the loss.

You're doing fantastic so you just have to stick to it.

I had a pretty awful circuit class last night. I felt like an old lady, out of shape, overweight, and embarrassed to be sweating so much. This morning I woke up sore all over which generally means I was doing something right. I'll take that and keep hoping that by this time next year, or maybe even six months from now, a class like last night will be a piece of cake..............