Favorite Easy Dinner Recipes

Options
Good morning,

I'm looking for tried and true easy dinner recipes. I'm a working mom and don't have a lot of time in the evening to make dinner. I'm looking for easy recipes that are healthy that are "tried and true." Thanks in advance!

Replies

• maguariento
    maguariento Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Capellini alla Checca - 1 serving, can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.

This is my go-to meal when I don't have (much) time to cook dinner. My only requirement has been FRESH basil. If you find a good cheat, though, I'd love to hear it! The longest part of putting this together is waiting for the pasta water to boil.

1.5 oz (dry) whole wheat pasta; my favorite is angel hair
    1-14oz. can diced tomatoes, slightly drained
    Fresh basil to taste (I use about 1/4 cup)
    Fresh garlic to taste, 1-2 cloves

While pasta water comes to a boil, finely mince the garlic. Dump the tomatoes (slightly drained) and minced garlic into a medium frying pan, and cook on low/medium heat while waiting for the pasta. Salt and pepper to taste. Alt: heat a small amount of olive oil in the pan first, sautee the garlic for a few seconds before adding tomatoes. It just depends how low-cal you want to make this.

Cook pasta a minute or two shy of the recommended cooking time. When done, scoop out and put into the frying pan; toss with the sauce.

Cut the basil into thin strips (chiffonade), toss into the sauce. Cook until the pasta is tender, adding water (or pasta liquid) if necessary.

Once you have this recipe "down," pretty much all the prep is done while the water boils for the pasta (cutting the garlic & basil, draining the tomatoes). The sauce only needs to cook long enough to heat the tomatoes through and finish the pasta.

220 cal
    42g carbs
    1g fat
    9g protein
    9g fiber

Add a quarter of an ounce of finely shredded Parmesan Reggiano for an additional 30 cal, 2g fat, 2g protein. For a hungrier spouse, up the amount of pasta for their portion. As a treat, I'll have a slice of frozen garlic toast with this (about another 140 cals). My quick trick: fry it in a non-stick pan - it has plenty of butter on it already!
  • Maldal789
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it.
  • mertecu
    mertecu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    4oz salmon filet
    1 Tbsp pesto

Heat oven to 350. Top salmon filet with pesto and wrap in foil packet. Bake 20 minutes. Serve with vegetable of choice.

217 calories
    1 carb
    13 fat
    23 protein
    0 fiber
  • MrsGilligan12
    MrsGilligan12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to try these!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Taco soup

brown ground turkey with diced onion and red bellpepper add taco seasoning packet (low sodium) and 1 can of chicken broth, add can of diced roasted tomatoes a can of kidney beans a can of black beans a can of corn do not drain the cans add all of it, you can add a can of diced green chili if you wish and salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste......
    let it simmer for at least 30 mins
    optional toppings cilantro, diced tomatoes, olives, crusted tortilla chips, light sour cream, salsa, taco sauce, cheese whatever you like this is yummy
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Put roast in crockpot with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, chopped onion, and pell pepper add 1/2 cup of water or a can of beef broth cook on low for 8 hrs, serve with roasted vegetables and a salad , french bread if you like easy and yummy
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Slice zucchini lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds (leave a pretty good edge on there, to get your veggie serving).
    Add an assortment of whatever you have available: leftover turkey, ground beef, canned tuna or chicken, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, cheese, etc.
    Sprinkle with herbs for flavor (cilantro and garlic work well with the chicken and tomatoes).
    Bake for 20-30 min.