Modified Atkins Diet

Options
I have been doing this modified atkins diet for the past week almost. My Aunt has been doing it for the last 12 weeks and has lost 34lbs and 22 inches all over. My offical weigh in is wednesday but I snuck and weighed yesterday and showed I have lost 12lbs so far.

Basically this is it:

No beans, breads corn, potatoes, or fruit.

I can only have salmon once a week.

I can only have tomatoes and green beans 2 times a week.

I need to get no more than 30 grams of carbs a day and between 60 to 100 grams of protein.

Drink plenty of water (I'm drinking about 1 to 2 gallons a day)

I feel amazing!

Replies

• BadBabs
    BadBabs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started today and am already wondering what I should be eating. I had bacon for breakfast, cheese as a snack, and a salad for lunch. For dinner I think I'm having a burger with no bun.

I've done Atkins before with great results, but felt like the second I put bread in my mouth I gained all the weight back, plus. I was going to do Weight Watchers again, but thought a modified Atkins would give me the kick-start I so desperately need.

Can you give me a sample of what you eat each day? I'm at a point where two doctors suggested lap band surgery, but that scares me. I have 150 pounds to lose and this is the first time where I feel like it is literally "do-or-die."
  • GrynEyes18
    GrynEyes18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well during the week I bring a Atkins breakfast bowl (in the freezer section) they are really good and very filling. On the weekends I make me a omelet with 2 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers and cheese.

Lunch I try to get in about 30 grams of protein (lean) with 2 cups of veggies. Atkins also has frozen dinners as well

Dinner 30 grams protein and 2 cups of veggies. Here I have been doing either turkey burgers, tilapia, rotisseire chicken, salmon (but only 1 time a week)

Lettuce is free so you can eat however much you want of that.

GET A FOOD SCALE if you don't already have one.

No beans except green beans 2x a week.

tomatoes 2x a week

No corn, breads, potatoes, and fruit at all.

I try to drink 1 to 2 gallons of water a day.

All fiber is to be subtracted from your carbs so if you have something that has 4 carbs but 2 fiber then you are only have 2 carbs.

Thats pretty much the basics of what I am doing.

You can message me anytime if you would like as well!