Best Weight Loss Aid/Supplements

Options
eglinjoe
eglinjoe Posts: 8 Member
I have taken Green Tea pills and Grapefruit in the past. I do believe Grapefruit helps lose weight, was undecided on Green Tea. I am starting to take African Mango and Rasberry Ketone to see how these work....anybody know of good supplements that help speed weight loss/assist the body in losing the extra pounds rather than hold on to them.....and if you've tried African Mango/Rasberry Ketones and how they worked for you?

Replies

• JayManPerkins
    Options
    I love the muscle milk mix powder. It comes in all flavors, just because it has "muscle" in the name doesn't mean that is the only reason for it, it will supple your body with the nutrients needed. It says one serving a day for weight loss and two servings a day for muscle mass. I'm strongly suggesting it not just because i take it but because it's cheap, good, and extremely good for your body!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I didnt see any difference in the Raspberry Ketones, but Green Tea yes I did but after 5lbs it didnt work so well. Im taking kelp as thyroid issues run in my family and I do notice a little difference but I dont take it daily either. I just brought the garcinia cambogia on the 4th to see if that helps though im skeptical on that. But with any supplements there is no science backing it up so of course take at your own risk. I did buy Six Star Plant Base Protein Powder a little over 2 weeks ago. At first I wasnt taking it daily but since I brought some more on the 4th I decided to drink it daily to see if the increase in protein will help me loose weight as well since Ive heard it does
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What I meant to add in, is theres no long term scientific proof for any of these weight loss supplements. Like with the garcinia cambogia they say dont take it longer then 12 weeks so just read up on the supplements especially on WebMD.com
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I started taking raspberry ketones like 2 weeks ago. I must say it's really effective if you're eating sensibly and exercising regularly.
    On the first day, I felt really drowsy but after that, everything was fine.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I cant say that I like gimmicks when it comes to my food. I spent $100's of dollars and lots of years trying weightloss pills, different diet aids, none of that worked. Probably made the situation worse really.

I will say that I love protein shakes because they are fast and easy. I'm not really a cooker if I can get away with eating something on the go.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    There are absolutely none, at least none that are safe for you.

There was a miracle prescription drug back in the 90's Fen-Phen. I was 20 lbs over weight after having my daughter and my PMD put me on it, at my request. I lost it a little over two months and only exercising three times a week. It was the only drug that killed my desire for sweets.

Anyway, people were dying from it, heart problems. So now it's off the market.

Since then I have tried many OTC diet pills. Sure, some gave me energy but not good energy. None decreased my appetite. Eat right and exercise. Exercise definitely helps me with energy and focus. Make sure you get enough sleep too :smile:
  • Animebride2015
    Options
    I was a big oxyelitte pro user and did wonderful with diet and working out, but now they have taken it off the shelves. now i trying to find another one that did just as well,
  • ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    These are just a few of my recommendations. I would say taking a multi-viatmin daily. Because if your lacking in just one little area, normally it affects more than just that one small area. Drinking 8+ glasses of water a day. Don't skip meals - especially breakfast, if possible eat 5 small meals a day. Watch your sodium. Because when it is absorbed into your body, water follows, therefore not allowing you to flush it all causing water retention. When you are stressed, your body is not at it's fullest potential which can cause sickness or not to lose the weight.

I do use that Body by VI shake, but since I have 3 dogs and walk them often, I only have a morning shake. But when I run out, I am going to try making my own protein shakes with things like peanut butter, oatmeal, chia seeds, protein powder, honey or whatever else I can find that is beneficial - but stay within my calories allowed for that meal.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I only take a multi, creatine, beta alanine, and usually a couple tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day.

There's no reason anyone needs to eat breakfast, or eat anything at any specific time, unless you need to replenish glycogen for performance reasons.
  • AlbertaBunny
    Options
    I love the muscle milk mix powder. It comes in all flavors, just because it has "muscle" in the name doesn't mean that is the only reason for it, it will supple your body with the nutrients needed. It says one serving a day for weight loss and two servings a day for muscle mass. I'm strongly suggesting it not just because i take it but because it's cheap, good, and extremely good for your body!

There's a Muscle Milk Lite in Chocolate that i love love love. Super convenient and hits the spot when craving something sweet.
  • kimlb44
    kimlb44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Does it work? I find that if I take the Vi Shake I get hungry quicker during the day.