keto HELP

Options
I've been bouncing back and forth with idea to do keto. I know the results are good but I struggle for snack ideas. I'm try keto for a day then go over my carbs by end of day. any suggestions for snacks in between meals???

Replies

• slimmingteacher
    Options
    Fresh fruit and veg is good ideas for snacks on a low carb diet. Try a corn on the cob boiled or fire popped with some spices if you like it spicy. Or a carrot sticks? Cucumber sticks? A boiled egg?
  • rotielover
    rotielover Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make sure to check the carb count before snacking on Corn or Carrots -- they can be high in natural sugar and may sabotage yourself by accident!

I use pepperoni and cheese as snacks -- good luck!
  • KRoth416
    KRoth416 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would try for fresh veggies, you can eat until you're full and they have very little impact on your cal/carb intake...becareful with the corn like previous posted said, LOADED with sugars/starches!
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, or cheese, a small amount of high fat nuts (like macadamia), low carb veggies (celery, cukes, etc) with full fat ranch dressing or blue cheese.

Make sure your main meals have enough fat in them to keep you satisfied. I find I don't always need snacks if my meals are fat heavy.
  • SugafreeNsweet
    SugafreeNsweet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Check out www.genaw.com the a huge list of low carb recipes. I would limit my corn, carrots, squash,tomatoes and root veggies they are loaded with sugar.
  • Joytodd
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Yeah, I watch my fruits and hardly ever eat corn. Full fat ranch?? Great idea.