does this look ok for keto?

Options
Hi everyone

Today in the supermarket I spotted this cauliflower cheese. The nutrition info is per 100g :

Nutrient per 100g (cooked)
Energy kCal 83kCal
Energy kJ 347kJ
Protein 5.0g
Carbohydrate 3.7g
of which sugars 0.9g
Fat 4.9g
of which saturates 3.5g
Fibre 2.2g
Sodium 0.2g
Salt 0.7g

Ingredients:
Cauliflower (53%), Cows' Milk, Vegetarian Cheddar Cheese (15%) (From Cows' Milk (With Colour: Annatto)), Water, Skimmed Milk Powder (From Cows' Milk), Margarine (Rapeseed Oil, Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Rapeseed Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Water, Salt), Wheat Flour, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Modified Maize Starch, Yeast Extract Powder (From Cows' Milk) (Maltodextrin, Salt, Flavourings), Salt, Mustard Powder, Pepper.

I thought this would be a nice lazy dish to quickly pop in the oven after a long day's work. I know cauli cheese is simply to make from scratch but just for those extra lazy days!

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Looks great.

Mostly I look at net carbs and decide if that's an OK number for me to eat. I also look for decent fat content (this has fat and protein about equal so that's good -- if it had high protein, and was low fat I'd probably skip it). I might also enter it into MFP and take a look at the macro breakdown to see how well it "fits" for my targets.

I usually keep frozen Broccoli and Cheese Sauce; and Creamed Spinach for those lazy dinners.