LET'S GET STARTED

Options
Good Morning! And Happy (almost) Holidays! :drinker:

I decided to go ahead and get this group going, so I would like to start by saying that I would personally like to lose about 20 to 25 pounds by Christmas. I know this goal is not for everyone, which is why I thought we could have a group wthout a universal set goal but instead, have everyone come up with their OWN goals and we simply help each other to reach them. I would like to everyone to post their starting/current weight, goal weight and maybe even ultimate goal weight and tell us about yourself or what you plan to do to reach this goal.

I want to start walking more and give up my "cheat" days. (Because I have been taking way too many of them).

SW 246.8
GW 222.8
UGW 130-120

Replies

• paulylovesme
    Options
    Hey I am here!
    SW242
    CW238
    GW210
    UGW120

I am going to get to the gym at least 3 times per week and stop eating fast food. Put in more good than bad and move when I can. I am trying to get as close to goal as possible by August 2. (When I am renewing my vows!!!) I am very excited and motivated!!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey I am here!
    SW242
    CW238
    GW210
    UGW120

I am going to get to the gym at least 3 times per week and stop eating fast food. Put in more good than bad and move when I can. I am trying to get as close to goal as possible by August 2. (When I am renewing my vows!!!) I am very excited and motivated!!!

Welcome!! Wow, your goal for this challenge will put you so close to Onderland! :) How exciting, and a great way to start the New Year! I will do whatever I can to help you meet your goal(s). And, congrats on the Wedding/Renewal!!! What an awesome event to look foward to and work towards!!
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I think that you are correct in that 25 pounds is possible and I am going to go for the gold. I have so much left to lose, but have done well up to now. My problem is that no one is noticing that I have dropped 40-plus pounds, but I think another 25 would turn heads. Besides, that would leave me an even 100 left to lose.

SW 297
    CW 255
    GW 230
    UGW 130

My plan is to: track everything I eat and drink, exercise for at least 40 minutes each day and to stay within my calories goal (giving myself permission to buy back the extra calories from exercise.)
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes! Hi everybody!

SW:227
    CW:192 (Mondays Weigh-in)
    GW:182
    UGW: 140

I really don't know how much weight I'm capable of losing by the 25th. I'll see in six days if maybe I should change my goal. I'm guessing I've hit a plateau. So far I've scheduled myself to 5 days of strength training or weight lifting each week. I do look forward to walking and jogging at least 3 times a week. My motivations at the moment are:

1. I have a friend visiting from Wyoming sometime next year and I really want to get into shape. I believe that getting into shape will enable me to fully give him a great experience here in Hawaii. He's outdoorsy so yeah. A lot of Hikes and recreational activities are in call. :D

2. I've sort of just started dating...=) I do want to make a good impression each time. Getting ready for a date is such a problem for me and stresses me to lose weight. I don't exactly dress my style because I believe I don't have the bod for it. I want to be comfortable with what I wear! It really affects my social being.

I hope to get to know you all real soon. =) I'm excited about this group and excited for everyone! I know it's only been a day but I had difficulty staying on track yesterday till I decided, "I don't wanna let everyone down!" And if I do, please don't get mad at me. haha. I'll be trying!

*When should we report our next weigh in? Monday the 11th? What does everyone think? There may be some who feel that weekly weigh-ins are probably not the best idea.
  • vahine03
    Options
    Hi, all. I think that you are correct in that 25 pounds is possible and I am going to go for the gold. I have so much left to lose, but have done well up to now. My problem is that no one is noticing that I have dropped 40-plus pounds, but I think another 25 would turn heads. Besides, that would leave me an even 100 left to lose.

SW 297
    CW 255
    GW 230
    UGW 130

My plan is to: track everything I eat and drink, exercise for at least 40 minutes each day and to stay within my calories goal (giving myself permission to buy back the extra calories from exercise.)

Congratulations on your 40+ loss! I'm sorry no one notices. They must see you often? When I lost 30 pounds, no one noticed it in me either. I'm like, WTH! lol. The difference they did see was my attitude and my willingness to take the lead in things. When i lost a little more, they could tell there was a big difference. So definitely don't give up!

I gotta back to my lowest I've ever been. 174 >.<
  • heatherannh23
    heatherannh23 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SW: 286
    CW: 273
    GW: 248 (By Dec. 25)

I got down to about 240 a couple years back but then due to life events I've gained it all back. I workout everyday which ranges from running, walking, strength training and Zumba. I have an app on my phone called GymPact that I recommend if you need motivation and accountability. I kinda sorta depend greatly on the apps I use haha. I eat somewhat healthy for most of the day then blow it in the evening, I'm working on fixing that bad habit now (:
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

SW: 200
    CW: 193
    GW: 170 (by Dec 25th)
    UGW: 145 (by March 31st)

I am 5'3" with an apple shape. Nothing fits right, and all my weight goes to one spot. :( I want to be healthier for myself first of all and also need to look decent in a bridesmaid dress next summer.

I fell off the wagon again earlier this year after work got too stressful. I realize it starts with me MAKING TIME and PRIORITIZING health and weight loss. Two weeks ago I buckled down and cleaned out my fridge and pantry. I plan my meals every morning and pack plenty of snacks. I am eating more vegetables, lean protein, and sticking to low glycemic carbs (most of the time) as this my body responds best to this diet. I started walking/jogging at the gym several times a week. I just bought a kettlebell and will start that today. To keep things interesting, I also have a barre workout CD, zumba classes, and p90x workouts for rotation.

My game plan: track everything in MFP daily, must exercise extra to counteract the cheat calories as it happens, and be active daily. My fiance is my gym buddy, but he is not on a "diet" and gets too tired to work out everyday. I have not had a good support system and the lack of accountability on my end have contributed to my downfall.
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options

SW 297
    CW 255
    GW 230
    UGW 130

Welcome! And, CONGRATS on your loss so far! Such a great accomplishment. You will be turning heads in no time :)
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need to keep me motivated. I have always done better when I am part of a challenge. Keeping accountable to others seems to help more than be accountable to myself. I joined MFP about 3 years ago, and that first year I did great. I lost about 30 pounds, and I was on a roll. In the last year or so, I have gained most of that weight back. I would like to blame it on other, like my mom and her cooking, but I can only blame myself. Now it is time to get this show back on track.

SW: 223
    CW: 217
    GW: 199
    UGW: 164
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Yes! Hi everybody!

SW:227
    CW:192 (Mondays Weigh-in)
    GW:182

I really don't know how much weight I'm capable of losing by the 25th. I'll see in six days if maybe I should change my goal. I'm guessing I've hit a plateau. So far I've scheduled myself to 5 days of strength training or weight lifting each week. I do look forward to walking and jogging at least 3 times a week. My motivations at the moment are:

1. I have a friend visiting from Wyoming sometime next year and I really want to get into shape. I believe that getting into shape will enable me to fully give him a great experience here in Hawaii. He's outdoorsy so yeah. A lot of Hikes and recreational activities are in call. :D

2. I've sort of just started dating...=) I do want to make a good impression each time. Getting ready for a date is such a problem for me and stresses me to lose weight. I don't exactly dress my style because I believe I don't have the bod for it. I want to be comfortable with what I wear! It really affects my social being.

I hope to get to know you all real soon. =) I'm excited about this group and excited for everyone! I know it's only been a day but I had difficulty staying on track yesterday till I decided, "I don't wanna let everyone down!" And if I do, please don't get mad at me. haha. I'll be trying!

*When should we report our next weigh in? Monday the 11th? What does everyone think? There may be some who feel that weekly weigh-ins are probably not the best idea.

Congrats to you on your weight loss so far and on your starting to date! That is very excited and very scary all at once! :) We will be here to support you on both of your journeys!

I understand your not wanting to let anyone down. I feel like I will be pushed even further to not let anyone down since it was my idea to start this group. Maybe I need to rethink this! LOL just kidding!

I think that everyone should weigh in when they feel comfortable, but still check in and let us know how they are doing. I myself weigh in every day just because (but only record it on Wednesday's). But, I know that is not for everyone. Some only weigh once a month, and that is okay too!

Good luck!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    SW: 286
    CW: 273
    GW: 248 (By Dec. 25)

I got down to about 240 a couple years back but then due to life events I've gained it all back. I workout everyday which ranges from running, walking, strength training and Zumba. I have an app on my phone called GymPact that I recommend if you need motivation and accountability. I kinda sorta depend greatly on the apps I use haha. I eat somewhat healthy for most of the day then blow it in the evening, I'm working on fixing that bad habit now (:

I understand the losing then gaining it all back concept. I lost 58 pounds when I first joined MFP and gained all of it back and then some because "life got in the way". Or, at least that was my excuse! But, you are here now (and congrats on your progress so far). I have the same problem with doing great during the day and then going home and eating whatever I want. So, that is a good thing for us to work on together! Welcome! Happy to have you join us!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Hi everyone!

SW: 200
    CW: 193
    GW: 170 (by Dec 25th)
    UGW: 145 (by March 31st)

I am 5'3" with an apple shape. Nothing fits right, and all my weight goes to one spot. :( I want to be healthier for myself first of all and also need to look decent in a bridesmaid dress next summer.

I fell off the wagon again earlier this year after work got too stressful. I realize it starts with me MAKING TIME and PRIORITIZING health and weight loss. Two weeks ago I buckled down and cleaned out my fridge and pantry. I plan my meals every morning and pack plenty of snacks. I am eating more vegetables, lean protein, and sticking to low glycemic carbs (most of the time) as this my body responds best to this diet. I started walking/jogging at the gym several times a week. I just bought a kettlebell and will start that today. To keep things interesting, I also have a barre workout CD, zumba classes, and p90x workouts for rotation.

My game plan: track everything in MFP daily, must exercise extra to counteract the cheat calories as it happens, and be active daily. My fiance is my gym buddy, but he is not on a "diet" and gets too tired to work out everyday. I have not had a good support system and the lack of accountability on my end have contributed to my downfall.

Welcome! And congrats to you on deciding to make a change (and on your progress so far) Boy! Do I know the feeling of not having anyone...it makes it SO difficult! Just remember, you will always have a friend in me :smile: good luck to you!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    This is exactly what I need to keep me motivated. I have always done better when I am part of a challenge. Keeping accountable to others seems to help more than be accountable to myself. I joined MFP about 3 years ago, and that first year I did great. I lost about 30 pounds, and I was on a roll. In the last year or so, I have gained most of that weight back. I would like to blame it on other, like my mom and her cooking, but I can only blame myself. Now it is time to get this show back on track.

SW: 223
    CW: 217
    GW: 199
    UGW: 164

Here! Here!! LOL I did the same thing and always managed to blame something else. In reality...I lost a bunch of weight and was proud of myself and thought I could reward myself for a while and well...here are! But, it is okay because we both came back! Congrats on your loss so far and welcome to the group! Great things will happen for all of us :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    So, the question was asked about weigh in days. I weigh in every Wednesday, so tomorrow, I will start a new topic for weigh ins. (This one I thought could be more for introductions and what not). Not everyone weighs in weekly or even bi-weekly so just be sure to check in on this page at least once a week and let us know how things are going...and then check in to weigh whenever you normally would, on the other post. I am so excited that all of you wanted to join this challenge! I am super excited and believe that great things will happen for all of us as we bring 2013 to a close! WOW! Even reading that and thinking that 2013 will be over with in a few short weeks, seems unreal to me. But, ready or not, HERE IT COMES!! :)
  • nursedeannarae
    Options
    So excited for this group! I'm just coming to the end of a 6 week challenge done by the trainer I have been seeing. Was worried about keeping the motivation up after the end of the challenge, as I need some sort of goal or prize (even if its just a mental one). Look forward to kicking my own *kitten* with this group :) I have a long way to go, but 25 by Christmas would be a nice chunk out of it!!

SW: 292
    CW: 279
    1GW: 254
    GW: 180
    UGW: 160
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    So excited for this group! I'm just coming to the end of a 6 week challenge done by the trainer I have been seeing. Was worried about keeping the motivation up after the end of the challenge, as I need some sort of goal or prize (even if its just a mental one). Look forward to kicking my own *kitten* with this group :) I have a long way to go, but 25 by Christmas would be a nice chunk out of it!!

SW: 292
    CW: 279
    1GW: 254
    GW: 180
    UGW: 160

I am so happy to have you here, and congrats on all of your hard work so far! Challenges usually help me too, because I don't want to be a slacker! LOL I think anything is possible if you really try! We will see :) Welcome to the Holidays Challenge!!
  • vahine03
    Options
    @HotSouthernMe: Thanks so much for your efforts and dedication to this group! I know it's just been a few hours, and it seems small, I love the effort you put in thus so far. You'll do great! I must admit I am glad I'm not the creator of this group but you'll have my support! =D

THUMBS UP!
  • tamijones357
    tamijones357 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW: 282
    CW: 277
    GW: 252 (by Dec.25th)
    UGW: 155

Hello everyone, I have been watching what I'm eating and doing at least 30 minutes of cardio every day. For this challange i am going to bump up my work out to a minimum of 40 minutes per day.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Okay here we go again. Just had a baby and I am on my maternity leave. I had lost over 60 pounds before getting pregnant, then gained 30lbs for the baby and now I've gained 25lbs on maternity leave, just by putting me aside and concentrating only on the baby. I need to find more time for myself. I would love to lose 25lbs by Christmas, that would be the weight I've gained during my maternity leave, then I would have the baby weight to lose and the rest. It's weird how you can gain weight so fast, but it takes forever to lose it. :(
    Here are my stats:
    SW : 275lbs
    CW : 275lbs
    GW at Christmas : 250lbs
  • LMH5163
    LMH5163 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I want to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 140 at 5' 9". I have 60 lbs to go but I've fluctuated a lot in the past so I know I can do it! I've just never had this much to lose! I need to get better at remembering to log my food everyday and fitting in exercise. I think having a group of people with the same goal with be really helpful to me since my junk food loving boyfriend isn't. Lol