LET'S GET STARTED

Options

Replies

• 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think this is perfect for me because I want to give myself an awesome gift! I just need to start a new year as a new person.

SW: 270
    CW: 230.4
    GW: 206
    UGW: 140

This is motivating! good luck to everyone :)
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My starting weight as of Nov 1 2013 was 181.2 and today I weighed in at 178.1! I thought this challenge was not realistic until just a few minutes ago. I've lost 3.1 lbs!!! If I could reach 168 by Christmas I would be ecstatic !!!

SW 181.2
    CW 178.1
    GW 156.2
    UGW 125
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    SW: 282
    CW: 277
    GW: 252 (by Dec.25th)
    UGW: 155

Hello everyone, I have been watching what I'm eating and doing at least 30 minutes of cardio every day. For this challange i am going to bump up my work out to a minimum of 40 minutes per day.

Hi Tami! Welcome to the challenge. Glad you made it :) Congrats on your weight loss so far and we are all here for you to help you on your journey!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Okay here we go again. Just had a baby and I am on my maternity leave. I had lost over 60 pounds before getting pregnant, then gained 30lbs for the baby and now I've gained 25lbs on maternity leave, just by putting me aside and concentrating only on the baby. I need to find more time for myself. I would love to lose 25lbs by Christmas, that would be the weight I've gained during my maternity leave, then I would have the baby weight to lose and the rest. It's weird how you can gain weight so fast, but it takes forever to lose it. :(
    Here are my stats:
    SW : 275lbs
    CW : 275lbs
    GW at Christmas : 250lbs

Congrats on your new baby!! That is so exciting :) The same thing happened to me...I lost a ton of weight, got pregnant...gained it back plus 30 then had 2 more babies. So rewarding and frustrating all at the same time. And, yes...the hardest thing for a mother to do, is make time for herself. I am SO with you on that one! But, we are here to encourage and support you! Welcome to our challenge and nice to meet you!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    I think this is perfect for me because I want to give myself an awesome gift! I just need to start a new year as a new person.

SW: 270
    CW: 230.4
    GW: 206
    UGW: 140

This is motivating! good luck to everyone :)

Welcome to our challenge, and WOW on your weight loss so far!! You are a rockstar!! :) So glad to have you here, thank you for joining us!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Hi all! My starting weight as of Nov 1 2013 was 181.2 and today I weighed in at 178.1! I thought this challenge was not realistic until just a few minutes ago. I've lost 3.1 lbs!!! If I could reach 168 by Christmas I would be ecstatic !!!

SW 181.2
    CW 178.1
    GW 156.2
    UGW 125

Welcome to the challenge, I am so happy you joined us! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I think we are all well on our way to making this the best Christmas gift we could ever give ourselves!! :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    @HotSouthernMe: Thanks so much for your efforts and dedication to this group! I know it's just been a few hours, and it seems small, I love the effort you put in thus so far. You'll do great! I must admit I am glad I'm not the creator of this group but you'll have my support! =D

THUMBS UP!

Thank you Vahine! You are so sweet :) I love encouraging people...other than myself, apparently :) And thank you for your support!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Today was my official weigh in day and I am down 2 pounds from last week. I have mixed feelings about it because last night, out of curiousity...i jumped on the scale before bed and i was down another 1.5 pounds from what i was this morning (which would have made my loss 3.5 pounds). I know weight flucuates like crazy and weighing daily makes me crazy...but it seems I have lost and gained the same 3-4 pounds for the last month. A 2 pound weight loss is still a 2 pound weight loss, but I mean...COME ON!!! LOL

I hope everyone is having a great morning so far (or had a great day, if you are not in the U.S.)
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm so excited about this group. I need some outside support to help me get out of a rut. I've been yo-yoing just over and just under 200 pounds for six months. I really need to be more focused about putting forth maximum effort at my workouts. I need to tighten up my diet too. I would like to get down to around 180 by the end of the year. I weigh in on Monday night.

SW: 268
    CW: 207
    GW: 180

Thank you to HotSouthernMess for starting this group!
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @HotSouthernMess - Two lbs counts!!! :) Hope you're having a fab day too!

I weigh myself too much, too! My weight has been going up and down daily. I am going to try my best to do it only twice a week. My best indicator of "weight" is how my clothing fits and if my face is puffy or not.
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm so excited about this group. I need some outside support to help me get out of a rut. I've been yo-yoing just over and just under 200 pounds for six months. I really need to be more focused about putting forth maximum effort at my workouts. I need to tighten up my diet too. I would like to get down to around 180 by the end of the year. I weigh in on Monday night.

SW: 268
    CW: 207
    GW: 180

Thank you to HotSouthernMe for starting this group!

Welcome to our challenge and CONGRATS on your loss! You are awesome :) we are here and will help push you along. I have a feeling you will see Onederland (permanently) by the New Year!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    @HotSouthernMess - Two lbs counts!!! :) Hope you're having a fab day too!

I weigh myself too much, too! My weight has been going up and down daily. I am going to try my best to do it only twice a week. My best indicator of "weight" is how my clothing fits and if my face is puffy or not.

Thank you! That is true. I cannot tell if my clothes are feeling better, but my face looks less puffy. Always a good indicator :)
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    I really, really hope so!

Congrats on your two pound loss! Two pounds is two pounds! I too can make myself crazy with the scale. I swear my weight changes by the minute! I only allow myself to weigh a couple days a week and always first thing in the morning right before I shower.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options

:huh: I weigh myself too much also! I'm going take the scale out of our bathroom and put it in the garage.:wink: That way I know I will limit myself to only once (maybe twice a week).
    SW: 235
    CW: 204
    CGW: 184
    GW: 145
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the weight loss. I weight in tomorrow, and I haven't weighed in for two weeks. Hopefully the numbers are good.
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options

:huh: I weigh myself too much also! I'm going take the scale out of our bathroom and put it in the garage.:wink: That way I know I will limit myself to only once (maybe twice a week).

That is a good plan! I think I am too OCD for that. My kids would find me at 3am running to the garage! :laugh:

Nice progress, by the way :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Way to go on the weight loss. I weight in tomorrow, and I haven't weighed in for two weeks. Hopefully the numbers are good.

Good luck to you!!!
  • kellbellebamf
    kellbellebamf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Kelly. This is a great group!! I wouldn't want anything more than to be fit, healthy and get closer to my goal for christmas!! I am new to myfitnesspal and the lingo has me a little confused.. if anyone could fill me in that would be awesome!!!

What does CW SW UGW and GW stand for? I am guessing it has something to do with weight numbers!!
  • tamijones357
    tamijones357 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW = Starting Weight
    CW = Current Weight
    GW = Goal Weight (short term goal)
    UGW = Ultimate Goal Weight

Welcome Kelly, I hope this helps you out.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

That is a good plan! I think I am too OCD for that. My kids would find me at 3am running to the garage! :laugh:

Nice progress, by the way :)

I couldn't live without my scale, I'm a daily weigh in addict, sometimes even 2 times a day, always in the morning and sometimes at night! I guess I'm compulsive not only with food but with my scale also! I rather be compulsive with my scale then my food though, you can't win them all. ;)