One quick question for you gals....

Options
nixism
nixism Posts: 258 Member
I've just purchased the NROLFW book and am about to start in the next day or two (when it arrives)... however, I don't belong to a gym, I only have weights at home (up to 50kgs/110pds). I have an Olympic Bar and Dumbells that will change weights, I also have a swiss ball and am considering buying a 5 or 6kg medicine ball.

Will I be able to do this program without going to the gym?

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a set up like I do for the most part. I make do- if I had a rack I could go heavier on things like squats but since I don't , I modify and feel like a get a good workout in. Maybe down the road you'll need more.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot, I am just chuffed spending the dosh buying the book won't result in a waste of $$$. I am going to give this my very best go. I do enjoy lifting, and by default am active in my daily life (have dogs, horses, farm work etc), so never really feel like banging out heaps of cardio... so thanks for your response. I will give it a go, I can always look for cheap things like a rack or bench etc over time on ebay etc. :)
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use mostly just the stuff you have, I also have a squat rack which wasn't essential until my squat weight increased recently. I've got to the end of stage 1 just using modifications where I needed to.

I've just picked up a cheap step which I'll use for some of the stage 2 work, but stage 1 is quite long so you won't need that straight away - most of the lifts have modifications that won't need any more equipment. If you're going to be lifting heavy on the squats/lunges a squat rack would be very useful.