Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
So how are you all doing?

Replies

• minlyn22
    minlyn22 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Doing great! This challenge has been so motivating for me. I lost 3lbs already :flowerforyou: (starting since prepping for this challenge a week before the start date). I am looking forward to many more successes along the way, for all of us!!!
    I'm WAY more active now than I had been lately and find myself logging my foods before I eat them. Planning ahead for success rather than figuring out how long I have to workout to make up for an "oops, did I just eat that?" moment of weakness. lol!
    I can't thank you enough, caradae, for opening this challenge up to us all.
    Let's not loose anymore team members!!! :flowerforyou:
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear that, minlyn. It sounds like you're really making this challenge work to your advantage. I hope I see you in our Winners' Circle next month!
  • minlyn22
    minlyn22 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm hoping for the same! :) You seem to be doing quite well with it too.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    This is actually tougher then I thought it would be. But its an interesting exercise in self-control and self-knowledge. Thank you for letting me stay for the duration even though I had a sick kid on 11/5. I kept thinking of this challenge all day. I did some squats, I did shadow boxing, I ran in place, I did crunches on the ball but I couldn't go outside to run like I would normally do on Tuesdays and I didn't want to be making a lot of noise while he was feeling so bad. At the end of the day, my BodyMedia Armband said I had not exercised for a full 30 minutes. I felt compelled to be honest and execuse myself from the challenge. Thank you for letting me stay.
  • impartialbystander
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's difficult for me to do more than 2 or 3 days of sticking to my guns if I'm going it alone. Since starting, I've logged faithfully and exercised when I said I would for 5 days straight (going on six! :D). I even made my food diary something my friends could see, because I want to be more accountable.

I feel like we're all on the same team. Every night when I log on, I want to have something to show and to be part of the group. While I recognize that being part of a group in an online forum is immaterial, I feel like I'm a part of something real. When I see that someone drops off (although I understand that people have reasons for doing so), I feel a small blow to my motivation. But then my resolve feels kinda strengthened because I don't want to drop off the team and de-motivate any of you.

Also, it's working! I've lost some weight since starting. Above all, I feel like I'll come out of this month with some healthier habits--assuming I make it to the end of this month.

So anyway, thanks for hosting this group. I sincerely appreciate it.

Pardon the cheesiness. I'm letting the sappy sentiments flow freely, at the moment.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you started this group!! I don't think I have ever exercised EVERYDAY in my life!! I complete the first month (October) and it is also helping to win a local challenge at the Y.....Two for the price of one!! :bigsmile:

I lost 4 pounds during October and hope to at least maintain in November. Not sure how Thanksgiving is going to go yet, but I am so looking forward to it for the first time in my life!! :flowerforyou:

I know it seems weird to do something like this challenge. Knowing that we can all "CHEAT" and say we did when we didn't. But, I felt like that would be just one more time that I cheated myself. Done with that old me and loving the new me!! :love:

It is so good to see all of us working at this NEW ME together!! I appreciate all of you....even though I don't know any of you!! Even if you don't think you've done anything, believe me you have!! You are all special to me!! THANK YOU!!! :drinker:
  • hog_farmers_wife
    hog_farmers_wife Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great! This has really helped me stick to exercising everyday! When it was warm outside I had no problem going on walks everyday but now that it is getting colder outside I don't want to take my baby out so this has helped push me to get my treadmill out and walk when I can't go outside and walk. I know I can do this challenge and succeed at it. I have really good determination when I set my mind to eating right and exercising. This has really helped me stay even more determined to succeed.The only day I am worried about is Thanksgiving. I plan on doing this challenge again in December. I want to see my name in the winner's circle especially through the holidays! I want to reach my goal weight and lose 19 more pounds by my son's first birthday January 8.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Great! This has really helped me stick to exercising everyday! When it was warm outside I had no problem going on walks everyday but now that it is getting colder outside I don't want to take my baby out so this has helped push me to get my treadmill out and walk when I can't go outside and walk. I know I can do this challenge and succeed at it. I have really good determination when I set my mind to eating right and exercising. This has really helped me stay even more determined to succeed.The only day I am worried about is Thanksgiving. I plan on doing this challenge again in December. I want to see my name in the winner's circle especially through the holidays! I want to reach my goal weight and lose 19 more pounds by my son's first birthday January 8.

Yeap worried about Thanksgiving too, but we just need to mindful of what goes in so that we can do what we need to do to get it out!! LOL!! A walk on Thanksgiving Day isn't unheard of, right??? :wink:
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Doing great here. Thanks for starting the group, this has really made me think more about what I eat and to get up and move every night.
  • sterlingwolf
    sterlingwolf Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Doing really good over here! This challenge is helping me keep myself accountable for my day. It's also helped me stay on track with exercise as well as nutrition. Hope everyone else is having success!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it. Today was the first day I really didn't want to exercise but made myself do it anyway so I could check in here tonight. I swam 1/2 mile and did an hour circuit class yesterday so I was wiped out today. I got my mat out and did 1/2 hour of stretches, crunches, pushups etc and then 50 of my own special version of squats.

So this challenge kept me moving.

We're making an 8 hour drive Friday to Beaver, UT so when we get there I plan to walk the dog, she's going with us, for at least a half hour to keep me honest. Saturday, I'll use the gym in the hotel we're staying in in Vegas. The only thing I'm worried about is access with my tablet for checking in. I haven't figured out how to use the community section or groups on my Iphone App so I'll be relying on Wifi.

The calories and logging are easy for me so far but like everyone else I'm a little worried about Thanksgiving.
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This has been great so far! I seriously carve out time now to exercise even if it is just a walk around the neighborhood!

Feeling great and am amazed at how I am more conscientious about my caloric intake and making sure I absolutely stay under budget!

Let's go team! Keep strong!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Doing Great! I really like the accountability that the challenge provides. I was able to maneuver a couple of tricky weekends last month and made it to the end of the challenge. It definitely helps me stay focused and do what I need to do every day. I was able to lose 9 lbs last month :)
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    BTW for those of you nervous about Thanksgiving, Caradae posted the below questions/answer in the "how to make this challenge work for you" post. I am planning on upping my calories on Thanksgiving and then again Friday-Sunday the following week (we are going on an annual trip to St. Augustine). Even though I am planning on eating more calories those days, I think knowing that I still need to log everything will help me make better decisions (I am lazy and don't want to have to try to figure out the calories for really complex dishes..lol). Also, on that three day weekend I will be doing ALOT of walking. Because of the below rules, I will be able to participate in the challenge in December.

Q: "I want to do this challenge, but I like having a day every week when I can eat whatever I want."
    A: I do too. That's why, once a week, I make my calorie budget something ridiculously high. That way, I'll stay within my budget and remain in the challenge, but I'll have a day off too.

Q: "My birthday is this month and I really want to celebrate it."
    A: Simply adjust your calorie goal that day. Make it something high. You will still have to exercise for 20 minutes, but cleaning up after the party for 20 minutes counts. :)
  • Julie61ann
    Julie61ann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!!!! Thank you SO much for this challenge, Caradae. And, thank you to you "groupies" also for all of your encouragement and tips. I know we can do this. We finished 6 days, wow. I am planning on staying in this group and not even worried about Thanksgiving. I figure if we can make it 27 days, we can't throw in the towel at that point. I plan on upping my calories that day by 190 calories and also the day after. I love cold pumpkin pie for breakfast. That will give me a bonus both of those days of a piece of pumpkin pie made with Splenda (if you've never made it with Splenda, I promise you will not be able to tell a difference in it.) I used to make one each way and I actually had to write down which pie plate I used for which or couldn't tell. I also plan to get in a LOT more exercise that week. Black Friday shopping counts as exercise, doesn't it? Lol. Good luck, friends!
  • sunraew
    sunraew Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pretty good thanks Caradae. This is a great challenge. I'm starting to feel a bit of fatigue and I'm noticing myself rebelling a bit. The "inner worm" doesn't want to exercise everyday and is trying to weasel out but I'm hanging in there. After investing so many days into the challenge I don't want to fall off now and let the team down! :)
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself too much. So I've decided to move the scale to the garage.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    So far so good! BTW you did a great job matching up buddies. My buddy and I are pretty much on the same path so it's been super easy to talk to her! Thank you!!

SOOOOO...in one month from today is the big big Christmas Party at work. We get to bring our spouses and go to a country club, drink cocktails and have a nice dinner together. So I'm really focusing on looking great for this event. And we get to dress up - which is the only time in the year for me. 4 weeks should equal 4 lbs which would be amazing. So I'm super motivated!! The only day I'm planning to "take off" is Thanksgiving. We never really overdo it anyhow, but I want to enjoy time with family and not worry about calories :)

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!
  • Nease269
    Nease269 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been doing well until last night. I did not adjust my calories for dinner with the Church ladies. I also did not get my 20 minutes in. So, I am bowing out of the competition for now. I know that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up that I will not be as vigilant as I need to be so I will rejoin you all in January. I have been doing the WII fit every night for 20-30 minutes and it has got my daughter excited about fitness as well. We are working on all aspects of leading a healthier lifestyle and I know that slip-ups are going to happen. That is a part of life, but this is a pretty strict challenge and I slipped for a day. I am thankful for the push to get us up off of the couch. Good luck to you all! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas! BUT, watch out in January, I'll be back, lol. :wink:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I have been doing well until last night. I did not adjust my calories for dinner with the Church ladies. I also did not get my 20 minutes in. So, I am bowing out of the competition for now. I know that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up that I will not be as vigilant as I need to be so I will rejoin you all in January. I have been doing the WII fit every night for 20-30 minutes and it has got my daughter excited about fitness as well. We are working on all aspects of leading a healthier lifestyle and I know that slip-ups are going to happen. That is a part of life, but this is a pretty strict challenge and I slipped for a day. I am thankful for the push to get us up off of the couch. Good luck to you all! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas! BUT, watch out in January, I'll be back, lol. :wink:

So glad to hear this has become a "family event". Sounds like you have a great plan!! See ya next year!! :flowerforyou: