I'm baaaaaack!

Options
caribougal
caribougal Posts: 865 Member
I'm back, paleo/primal friends!!!

It's been a long 4 months. In July, I decided to enjoy my vacation and eat whatever after a full year of primal and losing 26 lbs! After that, we went hard core into fixing up the house to get it ready for sale, packing, and my "eating whatever" continued due to the stress, and happily, no weight gain.

But then, September hit and the day we were to close on our new home, the "1000-year flood" hit my new town and ripped it to shreds. Our home was fine, but the road to our development was washed out as well as many other roads in the town, the electric lines, and sewer infrastructure in the town. Hundreds of people lost their homes and businesses, and most did not have flood insurance (and many were not even in a flood plain!) We spent a week in a Best Western with no microwave, so you can imagine all of the restaurant and takeout meals I consumed. Then, we rented an apartment with a tiny kitchen, and the crap-eating fest continued. We ate off a rickety old card table, and almost everything was take-out, microwavable, or prepared.

Amazingly, after only 6 weeks, the town was able to get the electricity back on and temporary sewer lines functioning, and a reboot to our water treatment plant. We lived with an E.Coli alert and "boil order" and the town's request to "feed the bugs" by flushing as much poop as we could generate but not much else down our drains for a week, but we were happy to just be in the house. As of Nov 1, we have clean water, gas, electricity, and a house full of boxes to unpack, but we're finally HOME.

Now that I have a kick-*kitten* kitchen (GAS STOVE!!!) I'm back on the primal bandwagon. I gained 10 lbs between Sept and October, and it's pissing me off after all the hard work I did to lose it last year. So... I've got my brain resetting to intermittent fasting and kicking the sugar demon again. It feels good. I know I have to eat some pizza tonight (invited by new neighbor to dinner and didn't want to go into the "I eat paleo" thing, but I'm not stressing. It won't derail my progress.

Happy eats, everyone!

Replies

• crisgetsfit14
    Options
    I wouldn't be too bummed about the weight gain, as it's mostly bloating/water weight I'm sure. If you have been paleo for so long, your body will be able to bounce back quickly. The hardest part will be training your brain to stop sending hungry signals since typically people overeat on SAD, that's hard for me!

Congrats on having a house (and a gas stove, so envious) it sounds like it has been a trying fall full of experiences for you. Glad to hear everyone/thing is ok and you are moving forward!