new runner

Options
I am not a runner and I was never a runner but I want to be on. My 8 yr old daughter ran a 5k last year with my husband. I want to be able to do a 5 k with her. Right now im working on a mile with no walking. HELP

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have been there - I can tell you that you CAN be a runner as long as you make time to run for 30 minutes three times a week.

First things first, do you have a smartphone or an mp3 player?
  • jaffaswife
    Options
    Hi, I am starting tomorrow. Please give me some advice to get me going??
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you're not already a walker, you may want to start walking for a while first. When you start running take it slow.
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am not a runner and I was never a runner but I want to be on. My 8 yr old daughter ran a 5k last year with my husband. I want to be able to do a 5 k with her. Right now im working on a mile with no walking. HELP

I don't understand, are you doing the C25K? If so, what day are you on that you're doing the mile with no walking? If you're doing the program, you will be doing some walking. The program works. I'm only on week 2, so I'm no expert, but I am surprised how well I'm doing, being so out of shape. Good luck!