Daily carb goal?

musicboxes
musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
Looking for your thoughts for daily carb goal.

Replies

• Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    I am at maintenance and last Saturday I swapped to LCHF in an attempt to curb the massive cravings for carbs that have hit me since it turned a bit chilly! I didn't have any problems losing my weight since May. I went onto maintenance 4 weeks ago and the first week was fine. Then the weather changed and I've been SO hungry. In desperation, I've decided to give LCHF a go. At the moment I'm allowing myself 100g of carbs as I'm a runner. I'll adjust to those and then reduce accordingly. I don't want to lose any more weight (or I'll have to buy another set of even smaller clothes - I've gone from UK size 16 to a 8-10 as it is!!)

I'm also trying to reduce my sugar, because obviously that isn't a good mix with fat, and that is making me a cranky cow as I have a terribly sweet tooth. I also still calorie count, although I've noticed that my intake has increased considerably since I've factored in the higher fat content!!! But so far, 5 days in, my weight is remaining stable.....
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    I see many people setting their carb limit as 5% of their caloric goal (for me that's like 15gm net). I think I'm set at 20%, which equates to 30gm, but I aim for and usually succeed hitting under 20gm. Anything under 100gm is considered "low carb" and under 50 is considered ketogenic. It's really a personal thing. Some people lose really well at 100/day, others at 15. Experiment and see what puts you into ketosis and once you reach your maintenance/goal weight, experiment with adding more carbs back.
  • KRoth416
    KRoth416 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm using ratios:

10% carbs, 60% fats, and 30% proteins of my 1650 daily cals....leaves me with about 42 g carbs a day. So far I am doing well and staying under, I am at day one of course though!
  • LeahMaria26
    LeahMaria26 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm going to try and aim for 50gm of carbs per day.. looking through my diary history i almost always exceed 200gm so this will be an adjustment for sure!
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks to everyone for your input. My current carb goal is 105 but I haven't been paying attention & need to review my reports.