I'm Speechless

KBjimAZ
KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
Wow. Just wow. This is so much wrong in here. Shame on Gin Miller.

http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/979131/full-body-kettlebell-workout-for-women

Replies

• KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Some...interesting...variations on form there. The holding the kettelbell in front of the arm thing is...revolutionary.

Yikes.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    I'm so pleased to learn that I can purchase a proper lady's kettlebell that won't hurt my nails!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I haven't heard her name in forever but I used to love her step videos! What bugs me most is designed for women! Women don't need a special KB. Makes me feel very fortunate that I learned KB in a class environment with experienced instructors.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Gin Miller has done good things overall as far as getting people moving, etc. This article/product, in my view, is an attempt to expand the marketplace. I have no issue with making a living, but money grabbing at the possible expense of people who don't know better isn't very ethical.

What self respecting woman uses a bell that is adjustable "up to" 10lbs? Mrs KB complained about the difficulty in exercising with 8 lb dumbells, and I started her with a 25lb.

In response to Kid P....I can't imagine front loading like that and hanging a 24 or 32 off of my thumb.....wow.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    You won't break a nail -you will break your wrist if you try to hold it that way with anything heavier than 10lbs - that's probably why she tries to keep it "under 10lbs.... :sad: :bigsmile:
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    i am thinking that is the model's fault in not understanding the dynamics. I did a google image search for gin miller kettlebell; and while I didnt find any images to the contrary, the only ones I found showing technique were the ones from the article.