The Runner's Rule Book

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
I just got Mark Remy's "The Runner's Rule Book"

http://www.amazon.com/Runners-Rule-Book-Everything-Know--ebook/dp/B0039MH4M8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383838354&sr=8-3&keywords=rules+for+running

It was an unexpectedly practical little compendium of how not to make a fool of yourself as a new runner. I wouldn't necessarily suggest buying it, but borrowing it from the library would be a good idea. Very lighthearted.

Replies

• toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    not available at my library :ohwell:

any quick tips I can use for my first 5K this Saturday?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    not available at my library :ohwell:

any quick tips I can use for my first 5K this Saturday?

Start in the back :)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    FUN! I read the preview on amazon... they let you see a lot of it, more than I thought. Thanks!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The Runner's Field Manual is even better.

1) Explain the difference between running and walking, without actually doing either.
    2) Name four places you might run, and cite the pros and cons of each.
    3) Create a side-view drawing of a runner showing proper running form. Use arrows to point out where and how proper form is being followed.
    4) Write a script for a cautionary public service announcement titled "Too Much Too Soon"
    5) Talk to a doctor about your running. Be sure to discuss how much you run, how often, how intensely, etc. and to mention any history of health problems. If you can't find a doctor, talk to somebody who resembles one.
    6) Locate a brand-new runner who is thinking about signing up for a marathon. Persuade him not to, without using the words should, shoudn't or insane.