NSV's (Non-Scale Victories)

Options
This is a place for us to brag about our victories! This transformer is not all about the weight....we are changing our lives!

My first NSV: I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn since before I had my daughter (she is 1) and they FIT! happy dance :bigsmile:

Replies

• donjessop
    Options
    I started my lifestyle change in August.

I needed to buy new (smaller) pants in September.

I needed to buy new pants in October.

I am really hoping that I need to buy new pants in November.
  • SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I posted this in my news but for those of you who aren't a friend yet I will post it here.

Yesterday I went to my Lifestyles Appointment. My last one was on October 24. When I go they use this really cool scale that not only does weight but it also does BMI, Fat %, Fat Mass and other things. Yesterday my weight had dropped from 356.5 at my last appt to 348.5 at this one. My BMI dropped from 41.7 to 40.8. My fat % dropped from 37.2% to 33.0% and my Fat Mass dropped from 132.5 lbs to 115 lbs.

Also today while I am limping around due to my bad knee I am going completely crazy with the fact my pants keep falling down. I think I need smaller pants but I am going to keep losing weight so doesn't make sense to buy new ones now.
  • spaul3
    Options
    I've dropped 5% body fat since I started really pushing myself about 3 months ago! Hopefully the results translate to the scale soon!
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    I posted this in my news but for those of you who aren't a friend yet I will post it here.

Yesterday I went to my Lifestyles Appointment. My last one was on October 24. When I go they use this really cool scale that not only does weight but it also does BMI, Fat %, Fat Mass and other things. Yesterday my weight had dropped from 356.5 at my last appt to 348.5 at this one. My BMI dropped from 41.7 to 40.8. My fat % dropped from 37.2% to 33.0% and my Fat Mass dropped from 132.5 lbs to 115 lbs.

Also today while I am limping around due to my bad knee I am going completely crazy with the fact my pants keep falling down. I think I need smaller pants but I am going to keep losing weight so doesn't make sense to buy new ones now.

Great Job on the weight loss..but especially the fat loss!!! Thats amazing! and I'm with you on the pants...I want new ones but can't justify it, if I "hopefully" would only wear them for a little while.
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    I've dropped 5% body fat since I started really pushing myself about 3 months ago! Hopefully the results translate to the scale soon!

Awesome job...I need to figure out my body fat, so that I can measure that loss too.
  • Zibberroo
    Zibberroo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am down about ten inches in my waist and two shirt sizes, from 4XL to 2XL. I am so far over 22 percent down from my starting weight as well.

Edit- I started losing weight around March 28th of this year.
  • becsritfw
    becsritfw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I bought leggings, size 10 leggings! (UK size, 6 in US I think?) I would never before have dreamed of wearing leggings, even when I used to weigh less but I'm now more toned so can wear them happily! I try and celebrate every victory and remind myself of this feeling when I'm struggling.

35lbs down, 14-21 to go....
  • ashanley1
    ashanley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finished my 2nd 1/2 marathon on Sunday! I felt great. My pace was about 30 seconds per mile faster than I thought it would be. I'm really proud of myself. And even better, after a nap I felt like I could still shower and do something else. It was only going to a movie, but that's an improvement over the 1st one :) The scale may not be cooperating but my fitness is improving!
  • SD67
    Options
    I checked my waist measurements yesterday and saw that my waist has dropped 2" in the past 3 ish weeks. Yeah.
  • TreenaLucero
    TreenaLucero Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put on my "best fitting" pair of jeans (straight out of the dryer) this morning and they are loose!! I have been struggling with the scale lately so this is a major victory!!! In 7 months, I have gone from a 22 to a 12/14!! I am working towards an 8 which would put me at my smallest ever! Thanks for starting this group. I am really enjoying connecting with everyone.
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    You guys really are amazing...and inspirational! I'm struggling with a foot injury (plantar fasciitis) and i'm trying to stay positive and reading these are really helping! I can't wait to buy smaller jeans, I'm waiting until I'm down another size though!
  • ascjstep
    Options
    Small victory for me ....I put on a pair of smaller jeans today and they actually fit ! Progress feels good even if it is in small victories!!!
  • kigermeister
    Options
    You guys really are amazing...and inspirational! I'm struggling with a foot injury (plantar fasciitis) and i'm trying to stay positive and reading these are really helping! I can't wait to buy smaller jeans, I'm waiting until I'm down another size though!

I have plantar fascitis as well. I get bored of riding the bike, but find if I run, walk, or elliptical too much it aggravates it. What type of workouts do you do?
  • SD67
    Options
    I had to run out at lunch to meet my family and we were just going to go to McDonalds and I would have had my first cheat meal in a long time but it was too busy. We split up and were just going to go through a drive through seperately. I was still going to have my McRib. Instead I just came back to the office and ate the food I brought for lunch. Probably a good thing cause I have a family dinner tonight that is basically a full Thanksgiving dinner from what I understand.

It feels good making the right choices.
  • kutiesmiley
    kutiesmiley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You guys are all inspiring! I need to get into gear. Any excuse to buy new clothes!
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was out doing some shopping today and happened to look at my driver's license. I am now a bit more than 3lbs less than the weight on my license! :)