Is this keto flu?

Options
sixpacklady
sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
I am on my 4th day. I had some diarrhea going on today starting in the morning. Now its 3 PM and I am feeling like the beginning of a cold (slightly warm forehead etc). I wanted to workout, but do not feel like it. I did workout last 2 days w/o any issues.

Anyone had similar experience?

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    No - it may actually just be the flu. Keto flu is more just headachy and fatigued. There wouldn't be a fever.

Keto flu can be helped with more sodium (you excrete sodium on low carb, and the sodium deficiency can cause the headaches and fatigue). For that you can try some broth.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Today is also my 4th day, (although day 2 I went over on carbs due to a work dinner) and I started getting diarrhea yesterday and this afternoon again. My stomach is off, a little girggly and slight nausea with little appettite, no headach. Just adjusting to the higher fat diet I beleive. And I'm VERY thirsty!! Can't seem to get enough water.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    No - it may actually just be the flu. Keto flu is more just headachy and fatigued. There wouldn't be a fever.

Keto flu can be helped with more sodium (you excrete sodium on low carb, and the sodium deficiency can cause the headaches and fatigue). For that you can try some broth.

It doesn't look like the real flu. Something to do with the diet...I feel something going in the head, sometimes slightly dizzy, sometimes warm etc.

I did have the rapunzel brand veg bullion for sodium. Did not take potassium tablets,mg (bcos of the diarrhoa) today, but had enough salt.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Today is also my 4th day, (although day 2 I went over on carbs due to a work dinner) and I started getting diarrhea yesterday and this afternoon again. My stomach is off, a little girggly and slight nausea with little appettite, no headach. Just adjusting to the higher fat diet I beleive. And I'm VERY thirsty!! Can't seem to get enough water.

Awesome, looks like we are having similar symptoms. I also did not have much of appeite even after 6 hours after lunch, but forced myself to eat some eggs with cream and butter. Feeling a little less dizzy. Did not have diarrhea for a few hours now.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I've been taking potassium and there is magnesium in my calcium supplements, I also took some digestive enzymes before supper and feel a ton better! Best of luck. Feel free to friend me if you want to compare notes:smile:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same actually. I had it for about a week, now i seems to be back to normal.... Dunno if it is keto flu or not, all I know is I have been reading many stories about it.
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I've been taking potassium and there is magnesium in my calcium supplements, I also took some digestive enzymes before supper and feel a ton better! Best of luck. Feel free to friend me if you want to compare notes:smile:

Hmm, digestive enzymes... I stopped taking it for a few days. Maybe we need that bcos of all the fat that is going in...

Thanks, I will send a friend request :)