Doin' the Blitz!

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
OK, my body keeps fluctuating on these last few pounds, so I am doing a 4-day Blitz to take care of it. Rules as follows:

chicken
turkey
fish and shellfish
eggs
NO DAIRY (ok except my morning coffee that's sacred)
NO "Tolerated's"
guzzle water, green tea, herbal diuretic tea
60 minutes walking per day

I only have one week left until my estimated cruise end date. I wanna ROCK this!!!

Day 1 - 140 lbs
-up a bit because last night I ate like 20 dates. Yes, I said 20 lol. We'll see how that (ahem) "ends up"
B - fried egg
L- chicken breast
D- shrimp
S- boiled egg
S-gallette? Not sure how I will do this one without dairy.

Replies

• stephanj
    Options
    Ugh this is torture!!! Lol sorry to be negative, just getting cranky from the complete lack of carbs.

Day 2-138.6

Not that excited 138 is where I have been hovering for awhile. I ate an entire bag of shrimp for dinner. Lets discuss how expensive this diet can be- It is the 9th of the month and I have already used up 3/4 of our food budget! Ok I do insist on free range eggs and the more ethical quality meat.

I've been on Dukan for 24 days. The first attack I lost 5 lbs. in the next three weeks of cruise (5/5) I have lost 4 more pounds. Keeping in mind I am very close to ideal weight - currently 22 BMI and trying to get to 21 BMI. My end date according to Dukan is 24 days of cruise, and I have done 21. I don't think I am going to reach my true weight by then, I think the last few lbs are going to crawl off me. So I am going to switch to consolidation next Saturday, even if I am still a few lbs away, I psychologically need to, if I don't I am going to start bingeing.
    But on the positive side, am I thrilled to be 5 lbs less than my previous usual post pregnancy weight? Heck yah! Aside from a few tummy lumps that keep me out of bikini town, I feel the slimmest I've felt in ten years. And I feel like I look pretty good in a bathing suit (for a 38 year old mother of two). And I feel totally healthy.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Hi guys! I went on consolidation lol.
    I feel like the 137-138 lbs I have achieved is where I want to be. I caught sight of myself in a mirror, and for the first time in years I thought "I don't need to lose anymore weight". It feels wonderful and freeing. There are still body issues I have, but they have to do with pregnancy and genetics, not weight.

I did learn yesterday that I can't handle adding bread back into my diet, it is a trigger food for me. I am reversing the starch and the bread instructions (I don't really eat pasta, white potatoes or rice) so I will allow myself two servings of oats, beans, grains or sweet potato, and the bread is only twice a week.
  • melham1
    melham1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see how you did today!

How long did it take you to get to 140 or is that where you started?

7521211.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • stephanj
    Options
    Hi! To answer your question I was over 200 lbs after having babies, and calorie counting go me down to 142 after about a year. But I could never get past that plateau without low carb!!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Hey, Just wanted to add,I lost 46 pounds on the Dukan diet following it to the letter of the rules except when I got to consolidation. I just couldn't eat bread pasta potatoes or rice... I was using the dukan on line coach, they just had me add an apple in place of the bread. (no more than one a day)

Happy Dukan'ing!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I lost 10 more pounds while on Phase III - Consolidation, My dukan calculated goal weight was 139, and by the end of consolidation I weighed 128....have kept it off for 15 months...