Tryin PT again --different this time?

Options
My mom, who also has scoliosis, was sent by her dr. to physical therapy and she noticed that they were taking scoliosis more seriously in their working with her so she encouraged me to get a referral for PT. I went to my first session yesterday and it did seem MUCH more scientific and specialized for scoliosis than what I'd experienced in the past. She and I live 1000 miles away so it's not like we go to the same shop. Maybe the PT folks are hope for those of us who have become accustomed to just living with our scoliosis pains while the medical establishment looks the other way?

Replies

• wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have good and bad PT experiences, but in general it's been very helpful to me (when I can afford it). The key for me was finding a good one & sticking with her. It's great when someone knows all your pains and how to help already when you walk in the door.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm currently searching for that! Whether it be physio, occupational therapy, sports rehab, etc. i want someone who will actually look at my x-rays & give me specific stretches/exercises for the sides of my back that need loosening or pulling. The ladt physio I went to had me doing lame generic stuff like situps
  • arcticqueen
    arcticqueen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've had a referral sitting in my purse for over a month now. I've been thinking- What's the point? Last physical therapist I went to (for my knees) they did biofeedback, which did NOTHING for relief. The referral came from a spinal doctor, who diagnosed kyphoscoliosis, 50 degrees. I went because my hips have been hurting for almost a year now and I've been walking daily for the same amount of time. I think it is connected. What I would like is to learn how to make MY body work right. Not sure if a PT would look at my x-rays...