is it possible with free weights

Options
Rai007
Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
i was going thru the book and my question is is the entire program possible thru Dumbells ?
or barbell is necesary??

my college gym has only dumbells.

Replies

• jamifishie
    jamifishie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do it with dumbbells. Just search for the moves on YouTube.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    its definitely possible, but there are some moves you wont be able to add enough weight to really go heavy- because grip strength will get in the way (i.e. squats. you can do various styles of squats w/ DBs, but you wont be able to put nearly as much in your hands as you would on your back). same with deadlifts-- grip strength on DBs is a bit more challenging.

but you can still get a great workout in!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    its definitely possible, but there are some moves you wont be able to add enough weight to really go heavy- because grip strength will get in the way (i.e. squats. you can do various styles of squats w/ DBs, but you wont be able to put nearly as much in your hands as you would on your back). same with deadlifts-- grip strength on DBs is a bit more challenging.

but you can still get a great workout in!

This. I use DBs for most of the moves, and the ones I use the bar for could be done with DBs. If you're planning to go REALLY heavy, you may eventually need to get a bar, but I don't know if I'll ever get to that point.