Low blood pressure and hypothyroidism

Options
mom2BandD
mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
Hi all - I am 37 and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 4 years ago (post partum). I was tested every 4 months for the first year and my levels were stable to my dose was stable and that continued until I had a thyroid crash in February of this year. It was an exercise induced crash. I was seeing a clinic doctor and apparently my levels were "normal" for thyroid and I got my adrenals checked and a whole ton of other stuff. Fast forward to June when I get assigned a real doctor. She did blood work and increased my dose immediately from 0.05 mcg to 0.1mcg, my level of T4(TSH) was 5.34. I started that dose in July.

I have noticed the past few months that a week before my period and the week of my period my blood pressure gets low to the point where I have to get up gradually (ie postural low blood pressure) and get dizzy spells (short lived) and feel icky. I am sensitive to cold but I am also a lot leaner than I was in past winters so it might be that that is causing me to be cold. I am also experiencing higher anxiety levels. The anxiety is in part a reaction to the physical issues related to low BP. I am going to talk to my doctor about this to see if maybe I can be switched to a dose between 0.1 and 0.05 to see if it will help. I was tested in early October and my levels were 0.74 but maybe my happy zone is higher.

Anyone else deal with low blood pressure as a result of their hypothyroidism? How did you deal or are you dealing with it?

Any and all tips and info are welcome.