NSV "adjustments"

Options
allshebe
allshebe Posts: 423 Member
I've lost over 40 pounds since last Christmas. I recently purchased some smaller sized winter breeches and can finally fit into the "snow pant" winter breeches I purchased a few years ago with enough ease that I can finally mount a horse while wearing them. I am finding some negative to the weight loss also, though. I went to a clinic this weekend that, according to Google navigation should be about 4.5 hours from home. I used to be able to do it with just a single stop for gas. This time I had to stop at numerous rest stops - about once an hour because my "bottom" is lacking padding and the truck seat has suddenly gotten much "harder". Also, discomfort from sitting in the saddle for over an hour suggests maybe I need to add my Cashel "seat bone saver" to make up for what I have lost.

Replies

• Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your newly bony tusch! Maybe a stick the cashel in the truck and go shopping for a NEW SADDLE :happy: You deserve it!

PS - do I see a Fjord or Haffie in your profile photo?
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Haffie - not great dressage potential as she'll expend no more energy than I REALLY ask for (she has to know I really want "it"), but perfect for me in the sense that I am confident she won't do anything truly "stupid" that will get me seriously hurt.