Super Low Carb?

Options
I looked at one of the posts in this group and I saw most of us are trying to stay under 50 net carbs a day.. I usually only eat 75 net carbs on a normal day, and I've been tryiong to stay under 30 net carbs (- net fiber) a day

Replies

• slimmingteacher
    Options
    I looked at one of the posts in this group and I saw most of us are trying to stay under 50 net carbs a day.. I usually only eat 75 net carbs on a normal day, and I've been tryiong to stay under 30 net carbs (- net fiber) a day

Staying at 30 is fine but don't go lower as your body can have a defficiency and can also cause constipation! good luck!
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Staying at 30 is fine but don't go lower as your body can have a defficiency and can also cause constipation! good luck!

I'm sorry, but where did you hear that sub 30 was unhealthy? Atkins induction says sub 20 and the ketogenic diet is sub 20-30 as well. While the Atkins program says induction is only two weeks, thee are people who successfully continue it as a lifestyle. Same with the keto WOE. There are still carbohydrates they just come from vegetables and other fiber rich foods. Paired with a multi vitamin you won't have deficiency issues.
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It is just so hard to stay that low! Especially if eating fruit! Is there any very low carb fruit?
  • soubriquette
    soubriquette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    berries are the lowest in carbs, even then, to stay real low carb you do have to limit how much you eat them.