Getting Frustrated...movtivation help?

Options
kindelk1
kindelk1 Posts: 7 Member
Hi Friends,

I've been diagnosed hypothyroid, PCOS and insulin resistance for about a year and a half. In the summer, I did a pretty intense 4 week diet that helped me to lose some weight, but right after the diet it came right back. At the end of the summer, I moved to do a year with Americorps. I'm on a lower budget, and much busier. Yesterday I went to the doctor for some other things, and found out that I've gained ten pounds in the past 3 months. I knew I hadn't been doing a super great job, but I didn't think I had gained 10 pounds! I've been excercising about 2-3 times a week, which is all my schedule really has had time for. I'm starting to re-arrange so I can hit the gym 3-4 times a week, for about an hour.

I'm frustrated, annoyed, and I don't know what to do to stay motived to really get down to a healthy weight. I'm going home for thanksgiving, and I know my mom will be disapointed. I'm hoping to really lose some weight by Christmas.

Any thoughts? How do you stick to your diet? How to you make a change that stays? How do you fight this hopeless feeling?

Replies

• VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    What a challenge! The constant battle really doesn't ever seem to end! I am in a similar situation and sometimes cannot believe with the constant effort being put into being healthy how little I get back n return. I haven't been able to lose in a few months. Very discouraging! I try to keep telling myself that I would be so much worse off if I didn't keep up the fight!

Just know that you are not alone!
  • tracy_phillips2002
    tracy_phillips2002 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    its horrible how hard those of us with hypothyrodism have to work just to see a little sign that we are loosing. while those that do not have to deal with our night mare just seem to see the weight fall off. I have been working out like crazy , i must admit i have more energy but no weight loss , good luck