Suggestions to Share - Changes In Eating

Options
Adc7225
Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
Okay, so one of my November Goals is to limit my use of BUTTER, I have already limited my consumption of bacon and now butter!

I still use it but instead of cooking with it (usually mixed with a little olive oil) I just dab a little on my prepared vegetables after they are done cooking - by the way you actually get more butter flavor this way. I could eliminate it all together, given the adding of 33 calories per teaspoon but I don't think that would really be a long term change for me!

Are there any changes that you have made in the way you cook or what you are now eating for the better that you want to share?

Replies

• svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    One of my struggles is high blood pressure. I have topped coking with salt. My taste buds has gotten use to it. I read labels to make sure I am not exceeding my sodium level. I have gone from two BP Meds to the remaining one being reduced. I am always surprised when I review other diaries and they are not monitoring their sodium intake.
  • chacokat27
    chacokat27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have gotten in the habit of using spark people website for recipes (http://www.sparkrecipes.com/). I haven't had any problem finding a healthy alternative to what ever meal I decided to make. Plus all of the nutrition facts are there, which makes it easier to keep track of your food intake goals. Hope this helps.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have been for a low cal version of New England Clam Chowder - I found one that I plan on trying next weekend! I hope I can control myself from making homemade croutons - you know without all the butter :smile: