How are you accomplishing your goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• eatzntravel
    eatzntravel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is my first week on MFP. I am doing 44 minutes on the treadmill every morning at a 8.5 incline. I have reduced my caloric intake by 700 calories and I am using MFP to track the progress.

I also created a love handle/ lower ab strengthening routine for my living room. It have 7 core exercises since that is my targeted area. I did it 2 days ago and now I can barely get up the stairs. lol feeling the burn. I hope to be able to continue the exercise tomorrow.

I have a long way to go and I believe having support is going to get me there.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    HI I have a question about your YouTube exercising: which video's do you like? I have looked around but get so overwhelmed that I just end up getting one of my old DVDs out again.... Please let me know. I need something new to get me motivated.....
    Thanks much!!!
    IdahoM - How is it in Idaho? I am moving to Pullman, WA for WSU spring semester. I found this recommended on MFP for exercise videos. http://www.fitnessblender.com/
  • smilesback
    Options
    I LOVE COUNTRY! Everyone should live in a small town for some time in their life. I lived for 12 years in a town of 8000 which was big compared to surrounding cities - the seat of the county was 2500 with most towns running around 250 people. It was quite a change for this suburb girl!!! I learned that what I do impacts everybody else though. Like, if I was to stop going to my hairstylist for a change, there is not someone else going to show up and take my place. She works as a part time h.s. teacher and is raising 4 kids with her full time working husband. The stakes are higher in country life I think, like I had coyotes get my indoor/outdoor cats. I learned alot from that experience and am a lot more conscious of how I spend my gas money for sure! Without a lot of things to do, I saved a lot of money for retirement.

I LOVE CITIES! My favorite part about living in a city is the walkability score and the many options of things to do. You need people to not only start something new, but to keep it going. Meet-ups, hiking clubs, job opportunities - it is very exciting to be living in a big city.

Anyhoo, I am starting off today with a minor disappointment so I do find myself up for the challenge to not eat to feel better. I will start putting into practice consciously how to lose weight despite the ups and downs of life. Good luck!
  • smilesback
    Options
    This is my first week on MFP. I am doing 44 minutes on the treadmill every morning at a 8.5 incline. I have reduced my caloric intake by 700 calories and I am using MFP to track the progress.

I also created a love handle/ lower ab strengthening routine for my living room. It have 7 core exercises since that is my targeted area. I did it 2 days ago and now I can barely get up the stairs. lol feeling the burn. I hope to be able to continue the exercise tomorrow.

I have a long way to go and I believe having support is going to get me there.

You are at the right place in your life and you inspired me!
  • eatzntravel
    Options
    thanks smilesback
  • smilesback
    Options
    You're welcome. I just did an hour of exercise and feel pretty proud about it too. :happy:
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1) Portion control- this works best during the week, when I'm packing breakfast and lunch and taking them to work. I stop eating when I feel full. No food is off-limits though.
    2) This week I made it five days with no soda. Next week I'll try and make it six days with no soda.
    3) Increased exercise. I do cardio 4x a week (treadmill/hiking/rollerskating) and circuit training (curves, because I haven't done weight training in a year) 3x a week. If I need a rest day, it's Fridays.
    4) Staying off the scale. It seems counter-intuitive, but back in July when I first started working to lose weight, I became very discouraged when my weight would fluctuate up. If it was lower than I anticipated, I would reward myself with junk food. So I only weigh myself once a week now.
  • eatzntravel
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

I too was discouraged with the scale. Man I was so excited to get the first weight off. I lost 6 lbs before MFP. I could see the difference but then that scale gave me back 2 lbs and I was bummed all day. So now I am going to try and look at the scale once a week. Hopefully I can accept 1 lb a week.

Before this I did not eat too unhealthy, so I think this is going to be a challenge for me to lose weight. I won't have big loses to often and I need to come to terms with it. Not sure how I will.
    My weight loss will come from movement and I am lazy.