Modificating Workouts to All Upper or All Lower

Has anyone done NROLFW and modified the workouts into all upper and all lower body? I want to start, but I think it would be easier to fit in running (I love running) if I could alternate upper and lower body rather than all full body workouts.

Replies

• jamifishie
    jamifishie Posts: 26 Member
    You should focus on full-body workouts if you are new to lifting. It builds the strength that you need to sustain a split program.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    I run and lift...

I just do it on different days. NROLFW is 3 days a week and I run 3 days a week and have 1 rest day...its been working for me
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Have you read the book yet? It will explain the principle to incorporate more of a full body workout, than breaking it up into upper and lower workouts. I have successfully kept running while doing this program as well. I would recommend to follow the program as is:)
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    I am not really new to Weight Lifting, I have been doing Group Power (similar to Body Pump) a barbell lifting program for going on two years. I did my first workout, I have already decided just to do it as is :). Thanks for everyone's input.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    It's created as a full body workout each time you enter the weight room and therefore you only need to do the program 2 - 3 days per week. If you're going to focus upper body one day and lower body another that requires a trip to the gym 5 - 6 days a week to get the same number of days focusing on the muscle groups. For example, a pretty average split program will have 2 days a week legs and 3 - 4 days a week working on upper body including back, shoulders, chest, and arms. You CAN run and lift on the same days, just figure out which one is your primary focus and do that one first (because the second one will suffer due to prefatigue).