Very few people here but hello, regardless! :D

Options
Neyllogem
Neyllogem Posts: 14 Member
Hi there! My name is Cody. I am 22 years old and I am your typical fat vegetarian. I stopped eating animal products around April of 2011 and I went from about 240 lbs to 205 lbs in about 4 months. Little did I know, I was actually almost following the McDougall diet already (except that I still ate a lot of oils and protein powders). But anyway, after those 4 months I was sick of feeling like an outsider so I decided to start eating dairy and eggs again. Unfortunately after that I also started to slowly get lazier and fatter. Which leads me to where I am today at about 300 lbs.

Anyway, it's pretty apparent what I have to do again at this point and after stumbling upon a Starch Solution speech by Dr. McDougall on Youtube, I have decided that I am going to start my new low-fat vegan lifestyle tomorrow! (Well, today since it's almost 3 am here. ) :P

I look forward to having the support of like-minded individuals.

Hopefully that wasn't too boring! haha

Replies

• perky12415
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Cody. I am 22 years old and I am your typical fat vegetarian. I stopped eating animal products around April of 2011 and I went from about 240 lbs to 205 lbs in about 4 months. Little did I know, I was actually almost following the McDougall diet already (except that I still ate a lot of oils and protein powders). But anyway, after those 4 months I was sick of feeling like an outsider so I decided to start eating dairy and eggs again. Unfortunately after that I also started to slowly get lazier and fatter. Which leads me to where I am today at about 300 lbs.

Anyway, it's pretty apparent what I have to do again at this point and after stumbling upon a Starch Solution speech by Dr. McDougall on Youtube, I have decided that I am going to start my new low-fat vegan lifestyle tomorrow! (Well, today since it's almost 3 am here. ) :P

Hi Cody! Welcome to the group. I am excited to hear about your journey! Have you read the Starch Solution? NO biggie if you haven't but it is a great book. Also, you should check out his website. He has some great free resources that will help with the transition. :)
  • cfhburn
    cfhburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
  • Neyllogem
    Neyllogem Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Hi Cody! Welcome to the group. I am excited to hear about your journey! Have you read the Starch Solution? NO biggie if you haven't but it is a great book. Also, you should check out his website. He has some great free resources that will help with the transition. :)

Thanks! And Nope, I haven't read it yet. I definitely want to as soon as I can. I have a few other books I need to check out. Especially The China Study.
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have The McDougall Plan and The McDougall Program Twelve Days to Dynamic Health. I am half way through reading the twelve day book and just started the diet today. I will let you know how it goes and which meals I like.
    PS I love oatmeal with mango and banana mixed in. Delicious!