Crusty Parmesan-Herb Zucchini Bites

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
I make these suckers all of the time!!! Hubby and the kids love them too! Sometimes it is a side dish and sometimes If I am not to hungry I eat them as a meal !!!

I use Marie's Yogurt Ranch Dressing to dip them in :)

Ingredients

4 medium, fresh zucchini, sliced in half
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary & thyme, minced
smidge of olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350F, lightly brush both sizes of the zucchini with olive oil and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Mix cheese and herbs together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the zucchini along with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15 minutes and place under the broiler for the last 3-5 minutes until cheese is crispy and browned.

crusty-parmesean-zuchinni8.jpg

Replies

• AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yummm! Looks awesome! I will have to try!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    these look amazing! now i need to go to the store to get zucchini for these and spinach for the spinach burgers.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I make these suckers all of the time!!! Hubby and the kids love them too! Sometimes it is a side dish and sometimes If I am not to hungry I eat them as a meal !!!

I use Marie's Yogurt Ranch Dressing to dip them in :)

Ingredients

4 medium, fresh zucchini, sliced in half
    1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
    1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary & thyme, minced
    smidge of olive oil
    salt & pepper to taste

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350F, lightly brush both sizes of the zucchini with olive oil and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Mix cheese and herbs together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the zucchini along with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15 minutes and place under the broiler for the last 3-5 minutes until cheese is crispy and browned.

crusty-parmesean-zuchinni8.jpg

I made these and dipped them in marinara sauce. Tasted pretty good, but I prefer the baked, breaded zucchini sticks to these cheesy bites.

(This is what I'm talking about from above: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-baked-zucchini-fries/ However, I spray them with olive oil or cooking spray, instead of using butter.)
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    How many cals do the ones you like end up being?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    How many cals do the ones you like end up being?

Sorry! I didn't see this!

Here's the recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html

They appear to be 122 calories per serving, plus your marinara sauce cals. :wink:
  • iluvphotos1
    iluvphotos1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, looks yummy!
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    omg these look gooood... going to try for sure!