Exercise advice?

Options
Rindabu
Rindabu Posts: 33 Member
What do you do for exercise. I have been walking for 45 min a day and it's just not challenging anymore, and I have 10 more days before my lift limit is gone. What exercising other than walking can you do safely?

Replies

• adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Elliptical? Bike (recumbent or upright)? Stairmaster?
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Dancing?
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 3 years post op, and "hind sight is 20/20", as they say... I wish I would have done more training with weights from the beginning. I think my body would be much more solid than it is. I've lost a total of 110 lbs (now 163 lbs from 273 lbs), and I am finding it much more difficult to tone my problem areas. I have a few strange areas with these weird "fat pockets". I think if I had done more than just cardio, these areas would not be as noticeable...
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Swimming is great, but make sure the incisions are healed first.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Bubu: I was sleeved 9/26 and started in the gym at the 1 month mark (cardio) with light weigts 1 week later and feel it has really helped me. Using a treadmill with an incline maximizes the calorie burn with respect to time walked. Most high end treadmills (precour) have some nice pre-programmed workouts that will help target/tone the legs while burning calories and building up your cardio. For weights; stay with light weights, extra reps to prevent injury and keep you flexible. Avoid anything that stresses the core for a while. Gradually you can add exercises as you feel comfortable (listen to your body). Working out will help with body proportons as you loose.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do 45 minutes of kickboxing on Mon/Wed/Fri and 45 minutes of strength training on Tue/Thur/Sat. I would highly recommend the strength training along with cardio. It makes a HUGE difference and really helps burn fat and raise your metabolism :)
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I do 45 minutes of kickboxing on Mon/Wed/Fri and 45 minutes of strength training on Tue/Thur/Sat. I would highly recommend the strength training along with cardio. It makes a HUGE difference and really helps burn fat and raise your metabolism :)

I did lots of cardio right from the beginning, but wish I had started strength training sooner. It is very important to minimize muscle loss while on very low calories.