Replies

• ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome bulk progress!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love how excited you sound about everything :) Glad things are going so well! :D
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to follow you along this bulk! You are going to kick some major *kitten*.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So much awesome!!! And I agree on your enthusiasm….it's so contagious!
  • ironandpoptarts
    Options
    I love that you're not logging. I'm actually thinking of giving myself a break over these last few weeks before January. Your stats are insane. I want guns like yours!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! That's where I'm hoping to eventually be mentally.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Ending Week 5 Update

Weight is hovering between 133-134; 1-2lb difference from around 10-11 days ago. Very happy with the steady gain even if I have days where I don't see the changes others around me do. Some comments aren't the greatest bc so many can't wrap their head around intentionally trying to gain weight and as a female wanting more muscle. I smile and just push forward; I refuse to get into body shaming discussions with women.

Still not logging food and having no issue with it. I am planning to start again come January to get myself back in the routine but I refuse to be strict about numbers until cutting comes about. The only trouble I have lately is with appetite; I do not have one! Especially at work where I'm running constantly and do not have time to eat. If I eat low that day, I simply try to make up for it the next day and eating heavier, calorie dense foods. I haven't lost so I'm ok but I'm also not going to stress. Bulking and gaining should be about the process as a whole, not a single day. You're going to have good and bad days, just keep moving.

Strength gains are a weekly occurrence but so are the little aches and pains of moving heavier weight more frequently. Trying to allow more rest days in the coming year and will be changing my routine as boredom also recently set in. Here's a cycle I worked out and that is easily adaptable to my work and husbands schedule. Love lifting with my boy, I never push harder!

Day 1 Legs/Abs
    Day 2 Chest/Back
    Day 3 Shoulders/Bis/Tris
    Day 4 Rest Day
    Day 5 Start cycle over

Anyone who knows me knows I change my workouts every 4-8 wks. ;) I just know my body and my brain and it's never hindered me. This setup works in mandatory rest days after 3 days lifting and I will not allow myself to lift more than 3 days in a row without a day off but know life is crazy. It allows me to never be doing the same thing week in and out. Mandatory leg day Monday is no longer. :) I also have the flexibility to switch things up if I feel good to lift certain parts more frequently with the guys. There will also be some weeks where I will skip working a part out twice. I am aiming to add in more recovery time this cycle but when I want to, not when I'm dictated to. Will focus on heavy sets 4-8 reps the first part of the cycle and do more supersets and dropsets on the latter part but may switch that to weekly too. My setup may be the same as far as lifts wise for a few weeks but I will not follow any rep rules. Going to try and finish my bulk with this split but will see how my body adapts to it.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Sounds great, Holly! I've been wondering how you were doing with the no logging. I've been more slack about logging on the weekends and it is nice not to have to feel so strict about it all the time.

Your progress sounds perfect and I like the sound of your change in routines. I absolutely love how in tune you are with your own body and know exactly what you need to achieve your goals! You are a huge inspiration to me and I am so grateful to know you!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I want to be you when I grow up LMAO! You totally have your **** together mentally and physically. I'm getting there.
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    Sounds like a great new plan! Allowing yourself the flexibility will hopefully keep you inspired for a while. That's what I like about having your own plan instead of following a specific one. You're doing great and I love your attitude about your weight and what others think about it. Screw them and do what makes you happy! That is ALL that matters.
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    It really bothers me that we can't say ****. *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*
  • TriLifter
    Options
    It really bothers me that we can't say ****. *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*

Amen!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Thanks girls!!! I greatly appreciate the support!!! ;) Kim you crack me up!!!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options

Ugh…yes!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    We can't say ****?

Your very inspiring OP. I have really enjoyed stalking you. Wish I had the experience/confidence to figure out my own routine. I've been researching and racking my brain on how to continue after a lifting break next week. You have your shact together!!

ETA: WOW, we really can't say ****
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Entering week 7 and not much new to report except that besides my lil bulking belly, I am loving every part of this process. Not logging for December really changed my outlook and attitude towards food and I'm now confident that once I settle into maintenance and just doing this for fun, not bulking, not cutting, just living; I am going to be set and no longer need to rely on tracking and having a counter run my life. ????

Weight is fluctuating between 134-135; about 5ish lb gain total over the 7 wks. Hard to tell with vacation etc. Sorry I don't give or rely on an exact weekly weight, doesn't work that way in my mind for me. I am either swollen, retaining or weigh inconsistently or late because honestly I don't care. I'm pretty sure I'm going to surpass my original wt goal of 140lbs because I still have work to do and I'm not in any rush.

Absolutely love my new split, the rest has been vital. I've been rested enough to power through my 2/wk workouts and my body is recovering and my little nagging pains (some of them) are recovering and diminishing. Mentally it's been challenging with the reduced volume as it's now spread over 2 wo a week but I'm getting there and seeing how it's going in the right direction motivates me everyday. Plus I'm having more fun working out with my man more. Had some PRs; 2 sets of 225 for 5 and 3 reps on deadlifts, hit 115 on bench and 175 on squat (and no they weren't half assed reps. ????) Also finally have been able to rep out sets of 10 for unassisted wide grip pull-ups; which while bulking pull-ups became much more difficult due to added weight. However since making them a main move on back day and chin-ups with biceps, I'm improving!

Edited to add: I'm eating around 2500 cals and plan to stick in this range for the time being. Will start logging again after the first but for now I don't see a need to increase as I'm not doing anything but lifting. I do miss running from time to time but don't want to add that back in or any cardio just yet.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    You are so awesome! i love your attitude and mind set :)
    I've also started adding chin ups on bicep day and pull ups on back day….I'm bound and determined to master those!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    You are so awesome! i love your attitude and mind set :)
    I've also started adding chin ups on bicep day and pull ups on back day….I'm bound and determined to master those!

I have no doubt you will get there! I looked liked an *kitten* sometimes but when I struggled with wide grip just attempting them and doing negatives helped me the most. Even if I only got 1 and then 2 it was something!
  • ironandpoptarts
    Options
    Awesome progress and your attitude kicks *kitten*!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Ending week 9 here soon! Returned to logging at the beginning of the month at 2500 cals with a 50c/25p/25f split and weight actually stalled. Increased to 2600 which somedays especially work days, are still difficult to reach that but I'm getting there. Weight finally moved and I'm up to 136lb. If I average it out over 9/10 weeks that's about 0.6lb gain each week which is great even though it didn't come on that way. Going to reeval in 2 weeks if I'm going to end at 12 or go till 16wks for my bulk duration.

Lifts are amazing and I love my split more and more. I changed it some to a push/pull/legs as my upper body was getting burned out but the cycle is going well. Lifts have all gone up; squat is up 185lb on max days, bench 120lb, deads were at 235lb for working sets this week.

I'm actually very nervous to cut here shortly; I've been so happy and done we'll with the bulk I'm afraid cutting is going to be a huge mind F and battle. :/