HMVols Bulking Log

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    You're bulk is going great! I really hope you don't hate the cut as much as you're anticipating. How much are you even going to want to cut? Will Nate be doing any cutting at the same time?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    I honestly don't even know. No goal weight in mind but just going to take it month by month. I want to get to a level I can maintain bc I don't feel I will need to bulk again this year. I think what I fear is not seeing the growth in mass I want bc we never see ourselves the way others do. I also don't want to lose strength though my training won't change as far as lifting with my cut. I've kind of gone away from the idea of competing for mental reasons though I'm having many ask me to reconsider and even step away from figure and into physique. Nate plans to cut March 1 so it will be easier even though he carb cycles and I don't. I think I will probably extend my bulk another 4 wks then 2 wks into maintenance then starting in March add in additional stuff; just need to slowly prepare!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    You are such an inspiration to me and I am in total awe of your lifts!!!
    I'm also a tad nervous to cut….not so much the less food thing, but the potential for loss of strength. We shall see, I guess.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Absolutely fantastic progress on your lifts!
  • caseythirteen
    we never see ourselves the way others do
    That is so incredibly true and something I have an issue with myself. The mental battles are sometimes so much harder than the physical ones. It's the mental I'm trying to work on now.

As for competing, screw the people asking you to reconsider - do it if you want, and if you don't well then they can just keep wasting their breath asking you. Not that you would let someone pressure you.

That's good that you'll be able to line up your cut with is. Even though you have different styles, it's still better than someone shoving their face while the other is just watching. I have no doubt you will do great on it since you're in no rush. I bet even just small changes will get you where you want to be.
  • HMVOL7409
    Update for the ending of week 11/12. Have never been more frustrated as my weight has completely stalled for over 2 weeks now. I am stuck at 136 and many days under despite multiple increases in calories, I'm up to 2800 cals now. I had many days where I consumed 3000-4000 calories and no increases but actual drops in weight. I thought today for sure I see an increase, but no, a loss. I love that my metabolism is working so damn well but seriously, come on! I am going to continue through March 1 then taper down to maintenance, whatever that is! ????

I guess my plan for now is to eat my goal through the next couple of days and if there's no change, I am going straight to 3000 for the last 4 weeks. I'm not afraid of fat! Going back to my old split too as I just didn't see much progress and felt a slide in strength on the current one. Going back to the basics!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Oh wow, that is some intake! :drinker: How did you determine your maintenance before? The main thing that comes to mind with me, is that your NEAT is increasing at about the same rate your intake is... Could that be possible?
  • HMVOL7409
    Oh wow, that is some intake! :drinker: How did you determine your maintenance before? The main thing that comes to mind with me, is that your NEAT is increasing at about the same rate your intake is... Could that be possible?

I thought so but after evaluating everything nothing's changed except I do zero cardio. I figured my maintenance before by calculator estimates and strict logging for 3-4 weeks. It just might be a tedious process! I think I will drop to 2500 when the time comes and slowly go from there. I'm not a fan of drastic, short cuts. Seen the downfall of those, so I will be patient!
  • caseythirteen
    It sounds like you have a good plan in place. It sucks you aren't gaining like you want but it just goes to show how truly amazing muscle is for your metabolism. Rock on with the awesomeness!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Yuck, that's annoying. I'm right there with you on the weight gain issue. Hope the scales tip in your favor in the next couple of days. I'm considering getting a new scale because the one I have now says I weigh the same every single morning. Don't to the ounce. And me thinks it's lying to me. :grumble: Let us know how it goes!
  • sarahstrezo
    Frustrating for sure. But…yeah, you have a rocking metabolism!!! i hope you see some scale increases soon!
  • HMVOL7409
    Finally, 2 weeks later after an increase to approximately 3000 cals and we have a gain! A whole pound! Did reassess some measurements so while the scale hasn't been cooperating those are increasing and of notable mention, almost 1.5 inches on my legs since Decemeber. My leg progress was starting to stress me out bc they kept hiding and boom, noticeable changes in the last few weeks. Strength is coming back after returning to my split and was finally able to hit 125lb on bench after stalls again. Been working with sumo deadlifts for the last 3 weeks and will return to conventional next week; max is 235lb on CDL so hoping to improve that in the next 3 weeks. Love sumos and going to cycle between the 2 every 3-4 weeks. Making my husband jealous bc I'm repping out unassisted wide grip pull-ups with in sets of 10-12 at a time. Thought for sure bulking would make them more difficult! Decided to deload on squats to 50-60% of 1RM. Hip trouble and frustration has left me furious with them. Going to start from there and in a few weeks work my way back up slowly.

2 weeks left and I'm ready to cut back on these calories. I'm actually surprised how my body has evened out and I don't feel puffy so much anymore that I think cutting will go well. Still not looking forward to it but I am looking forward to maintenance and the cease of logging.
  • caseythirteen
    Yea!! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like it's going great and you are where you want to be. That's fantastic!
  • sarahstrezo
    Great progress!!! Your lifts always impress me and that bench is the object of my envy!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Great progress!!! Your lifts always impress me and that bench is the object of my envy!

DITTO!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Glad to hear your progress just smacked you in the *kitten*. It happened to me too...nothing, then BAM!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Pull-ups = officially insane with jealousy! :love:

Great work!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Fantastic!!! :drinker:
  • HMVOL7409
    Well it's time to wrap up my bulk results. Pretty darn happy with the outcome; measurements and pics helped me see the growth I sometimes couldn't see for myself.

Bulk length was 16 wks, gain of around 12lbs. Final calorie goal was 3150 where I was able to gain a little at the end after being stalled out at 135-136lbs/3000 cals for weeks.

Measurements-
    Thighs-Start 22", Now 24.5; gain 2.5"
    Chest-Start 33.5", Now 34.5; gain 1" and my boobs hurt! These puppies came in at the end.
    Waist-Start 27.5", Now 29"; gain 1.5"
    *kitten*-Start 38.5", Now 40"
    Biceps-Start 13.5" (not flexed), Now 14.25"

Going to maintenance for a week; 2900-3000 then slowly cut cals by 50 in carbs and fat until I reach a level I like. My plan is not go lower than 2700 during the first 4-6 weeks. Having someone follow my cut and this was the guide they gave me. HIIT will be 1-2 sessions a week 10-20 mins and a day for BB complexes. I've decided I'm not competing (physique) mentally wasn't there. I started to pick apart my body and felt I wasn't growing enough to bring my best package in order to compete and it started a negative vibe in me. I have considered doing a PL meet but not sure either; I need to bring my squat back up after deloading and working on hip issues. I eat and train bc this is what I do. This is what l love and I don't need validation from another source to prove myself.

Here are my iffy post bulk pics on the bottom vs the start on the top. I'm sorry, not sure why they're different sizes. Used the same sports bra to which I grew out of and now will probably live in seeing that it's a painful process getting off.

2ezjn8x.jpgavq6c6.jpg
    ort4qc.jpg23uoe8z.jpgn4jfhu.jpg
    29cnzv8.jpg2igoqbc.jpg

And this thing took on a life of its own the last 4-6 wks
    24yuufm.jpg
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    I'm jealous of your legs!

And back.