Glucosamine supplememts for joint health

Options
iorahkwano
iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
Glucosamine, as written on my bottle: "Helps relieve joint pain associated with osteoarthritis and protect against cartilage deterioration. A factor in maintaining healthy cartilage and joint health."

Take 1 pill 3x a day with meals.

I first heard of this from a nurse who recommended I take it to avoid post-workout soreness. I later heard about it again from my mom who was given glucosamine for her arthritis. She said it made a HUGE difference in her knee pain & suggested I try it for my back.

I saw my doctor and asked about it. My doctor gave the green light and said it was a good idea, and that it wod probably help stop or reverse any damage that could be going on in my spine. I've bern using it for about a week but it says it takes FOUR WEEKS for results to show.

Will let you all know how it goes!

Replies

• RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I have been taking these every day for at least 6 months now and my knee pain is gone! I have been taking these in addition to doing special exercises and stretches.

They are 10 calories for 3, so dont forget to log them! haha
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Well, they won't really help post workout soreness unless you're talking about joint soreness? But it works miracles for joints in general. It takes a while for it to kick in but it's a blessing when it does.
  • mrepetta
    Options
    Good reminder. I would not have remembered to log the vitamins/minerals that have calories.