Exersice during Cylcle 1? (besides 17 min walk)

Options
Is okay to excersice during cycle one (besides the two-17 minute walks a day)? I take two 15 minute walks (during my breaks at work).
But one day when i was not able to do one of the walks, I went home i did some Zumba fitness with my kids for about 20 minutes and i really enjoyed it, so I have kept it up. Sometimes doing 30-40 minutes, sometimes Zumba with toning at the end. Anyway,
Is it okay to do more than just the required walking?
Since there really is no limit to how much veggies and protein you can have I figured i can eat more to make up for calories lost while "dancing" as long as the caloric intake averages out to the MFP proposed 1,200 calories.
But I am also on day 7, and have only lost 1.8 lbs. ... is this normal? Or is the extra excersize possibly jepordizing the rapid weigthloss that should happen in cycle 1. ?
I also have a theory that i might have not lost a lot of weight because i am not really a junk eater to begin with.. maybe it will take my body longer to loose weight as opposed to someone who used to snack on chips and soda (example) before starting the 17 DD.. Thanks any experice, help. opinion will help!

Replies

• Lilloise
    Lilloise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the same thing. I am on Cycle 2 now and, because I enjoy my exercise regime, I've just kept going with it. This is typically 30-60 minutes a day of moderate to high intensity exercise. I didn't lose any weight on Cycle 1 at all and I've become extremely fatigued after starting Cycle 2, so maybe the extra exercise is not doing any good.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lilloise- yesterday at Day 10 of cycle 1, I have now lost a total of 4lbs. Which is not as much as others but its something. Are you following the diet as you should? And did you eat a lot of proccessed food before starting the diet?
    I am asking to see if we can come up with an idea of why we are not loosing much weight, you none at all i guess.
    My co-worker (male) is the one who introduced me to this diet, he lost 30 pounds on it. But he WAS overweight.
    I am 5'4 and started at 140.9. Now i am at 136.7.
    Maybe its not as fast for those of us that are not really that heavy to begin with.
    Or those who already ate healty to begin with, its this your case as well?
    I mean i LOVE food, but i love all kinds including veggies, cottage chesse, yogurt, beans, etc. Maybe this diet is not such a drastic change to our bodies, and that is why we do not see imediate results?
  • Bbz423
    Bbz423 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did the diet work for you guys?