Looking for new "Atkins Friendly" MFP friends

Options
Hey Everybody,

When I first started MFP, I was looking for friends with PCOS like me but when I decided to do Atkins, some of my "friends" became very judgmental of my dieting choice. I would like to add new friends that are going through the Atkins struggle and can be supportive. I am not a negative person and I truly believe that one should try whatever works for them with no judgement or snarky comments.

Atkins:

I think in my first week I lost 8 pounds and I'm over the moon, I haven't seen results from any other diet mainly because I wasn't aware of how much SUGAR I ate until Atkins. And let me tell you it was a lot, including natural sugar from fruit and "all fruit juices" it was terrible. Week 2 starts today and even though I feel fine and I'm not worried about reverting, i would like a little company :)

Add Me!

Replies

• hereisgone125
    hereisgone125 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have been on Atkins for several months, feel free to add me :)
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting a modified Atkins approach...mostly just watching carbs and trying to keep all the gluten out of my diet. Feel free to add me :)
  • NancGreen
    NancGreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started back on Atkins, feel free to add me too! It's always good to have diet buddies.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. Atkins is the only diet that works for it imo.
  • jackiemcfarland84
    Options
    Hi! I started Atkins on October 21st and I am down 23 lbs so far! Woo hoo! I would love to have some Atkins diet buddies who know the struggles!! :)

I am sticking with induction for quite some time because I have a lot of weight to lose, and it is soooo much easier now than it was in the very beginning.
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me !
  • vern135
    vern135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just went back on induction last week. Looking for support as well. Add me
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I'm a low-carb PCOS person as well :)
  • emilywlv
    emilywlv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started Atkins again! today. Last time around I lost 40 lbs in about four months. It's been two years and I've gained 15 lbs back by slacking. So I'm back! Feel free to add me
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm currently bulking to add muscle and eating 35% carbs but I lost my weight with Atkins. Ignore the anti-low carb people. Most of them have no real understanding of how it works with the various ladder rungs and finding our personal carb levels.

If you follow the rungs and suggested food lists the weight comes off easy and stays off. I loved never feeling hungry. Now that I'm eating higher carbs tho some cravings creep in here and there. Once my bulk is over I'll drop down to 75 grams of carbs to lose and back to about 125 - 150 to maintain.

You can do this, just keep your resolve. Oh and some of your old favs will taste disgustingly sweet if you've gone a long enough time without them! Some things, like white bread, will taste bland and like a waste of calories.
  • nurse892012
    Options
    My name is Ashley. I'm 24 years old and I have 100+ lbs to lose. It hurts to admit this... Since High school, my main focus has always been education. I wasn't over weight in high school (i guess by bmi standards i was by 20-30lbs). I ignored my physical needs. I'm a night shift RN on a cardiac unit. EVERYDAY I see what I will become if I don't change my lifestyle. Today I am starting Atkins with my boyfriend of 5 years. We have been on diets before, but never followed through because we simply did not change our lifestyles. It's different this time. This time, it seems more dire. My boyfriend will be turing 29 in a couple of weeks and it's hitting him hard that he's going to be 30 in a year and STILL 100+lbs over weight. We offer each other a lot of support, but we are too forgiving to each other. I know Atkins has a bad connotation, but I feel it's a great solution. My dad is a diabetic and if he'd counted carbs in his 20's and exercised at all, he would probably not be having the issues that he's having 20 years later. I'm open to suggestions. My meals will consist of A LOT of leafy greens, fish and chicken. Also, I'll be drinking lots of water and eating every 4-5 hours- up to 6 hrs but not any longer while awake.

I can't tell you how embarrassed I an that I've let it get this bad. I'm a nurse for godsakes... i know what to do (for the most part).

Thank you for listening and supporting.
    please add me :)
  • mtpage04
    mtpage04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can sure add me if you would like to!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ad me two, Atikins groups, low Carb groups, Keto / Ketosis groups, ect
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    i could use the help..please anyone doing Atkins or any form of low carb...add me please im type 2 diabetic and have been on the vegan diet and my blood sugar was 268 yesterday...time to cut the carbs....
  • kayenigma
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm taking the Atkins "extended" induction approach. I definitely can use all the encouragement and advice I can get. Please add me!! :)
  • eemott
    eemott Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I could use Atkins support friends as well. Please add me!
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would love more Atkins friends on here!