Options
meesh109
meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
Thread for Week 3 of RI30

Replies

• Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Jillian has successfully slaughtered my arms during this week.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my 3rd week on Monday. My goal is to complete the workouts week 1 Mon, week 2 Wed, week 3 Th and week 4 Fri or Sat. 3 weeks of RI 30 may be all I am able to accomplish this time around, because power lifting starts after next week. I'm not sure that I will be able to do both. Any one try to do power lifting while completing RI 30? For reference, I do my dvd workouts early in the morning, and gym workouts in the late afternoon.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Started my 3rd week with the week 1 workout. I will take tomorrow off (out of town) and do week 2 workout Wednesday.
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I started Week 3 two days ago and my inner thighs are still sore as all hell, time to do the second workout of week 3 today >.<
  • meesh109
    Options
    I'm starting Week 3 next week. How does it compare to Week 2? Is it much tougher?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I actually think 3 is the hardest.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    This week is my week 3, and today was my day to do the workout week 3. I found that it was actually "easier" to complete this week since I didn't go to the gym and do my strength circuits on Mon and Wed. Tomorrow will be my day to do workout week 4, and that will complete my third week of RI30. I am contemplating not doing the fourth week because power lifting starts next week. Does anyone do lifting or other strength workouts in addition to RI30? I don't think I'm giving my body adequate time to recover when I do four RI30 workouts plus 2 lifting/strength circuits a week. Not to mention the other cardio workouts on top of that.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my 3rd week on Monday. My goal is to complete the workouts week 1 Mon, week 2 Wed, week 3 Th and week 4 Fri or Sat. 3 weeks of RI 30 may be all I am able to accomplish this time around, because power lifting starts after next week. I'm not sure that I will be able to do both. Any one try to do power lifting while completing RI 30? For reference, I do my dvd workouts early in the morning, and gym workouts in the late afternoon.

Check with your trainer. They may recommend that you use lighter weights when doing RI 30. I don't think any of us here are qualified to really answer that question. Sounds like you are in pretty good shape!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

Check with your trainer. They may recommend that you use lighter weights when doing RI 30. I don't think any of us here are qualified to really answer that question. Sounds like you are in pretty good shape!
    I forgot about that. I could just go back to the 3lb weights, to still get a cardio workout, then still be able to lift in the afternoon. Maybe spread it out a bit: m/w/f/sun instead of m/t/th/f. IDK:) Kinda tired of doing the whole JM thing every week, lol.
  • meesh109
    Options
    Week 3 - Day 1 done! Wow, it kicked my *kitten*!!! Got a feeling I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! I always find that you don't get a full workout on the first day!
  • meesh109
    Options
    I've got sore legs today!!! It's gonna be fun working out tonight, NOT!!! Lol!

Keep up the good work all!
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh wow.

I was a day behind schedule so I did level 2 and then level 3 one after the other. Circuit 1 with the duck walks?? OMG!!!! This week is definitely, definitely a step up from week 2. I'm glad about that because I felt I could work harder (other than the cardio planks in week 2) but I'm gonna need another day or two to get going on this level, cos wow!!

How's everyone else finding week 3?
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Umm, yeah, day two was no easier :laugh: This is a real tough week and it feels like the challenge just got serious!! Really enjoying it though and it absolutely flies by, even quicker than week 2 did.

Hope everyone is still staying strong, would be good to see how anyone else is finding it!
  • TheMOC
    TheMOC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 yesterday. My butt is sore!! I may or may not need DH' s assisstance getting in and out of chairs.
  • meesh109
    Options
    Hey all!

Sorry, I've been MIA for a few days. I got up to Week 3, Day 3, but I've got no hot water! A few friends have let me use their shower, but I'm not exactly a pretty sight after doing level 3, so the last thing I would want to do is head outside!!! Hopefully get it sorted soon and get back to it!

Oh, those duck walks!! Ouch!!! Week 3's defo a thoughie!!!

Keep up the good work all!
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just started today, I am officiali halfway through it!
    Unfortunately this week's workout seems to be very hard on the knees and I most certainly don't want an injure (: Well, I modified some of the hardest moves (duck walks, anyone) and I should be alright (touch wood). Thiugh it kicks my butt, I must say I am loving RI30. Best workout I found in ages.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wow you ladies are leaving me in the dust! I still have two more days left on week 2! I eremember those duck walks, but I do think I liked week 3 better than week 2. Can't wait to get there.
  • olalola1981
    Options
    week 3 day 3 done.... ouch. I'm loving the muscle burn, feel like I'm getting in a much better workout than weeks 1 and 2 but oowwww :sad:

rest day tomorrow - this level demands it!!
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Is anyone following her diet plan.. or close to following it?
    And is anyone getting weight loss results so far?
    Currently I am staying away from breads and pastas, but still consuming carbs in the forms of beans and veggies, and oatmeal. I am wondering if it is okay to do RI-30 like this, or if it is too demaning and I should consume more carbs, like bread, pitas, wraps, pasta, rice ..etc.
  • olalola1981
    Options
    @DianaGabriela to be honest I didn't even look at her meal plan! I'm eating my regular diet through RI30 and I generally don't eat much bread or pasta but if I want it or it's convenient (as it has been the past few days) I will absolutely go ahead and eat it. I have never noticed any difference in my weight loss depending on more or less carbs... I'm eating about 1,700 cals per day (eating back some of my exercise calories) and I have lost about 2.5lbs up to mid week 3. I'm not far from my goal weight so I'm really happy with 2.5lbs in about 2.5 weeks.