Options
meesh109
meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
Thread for Week 2 of RI 30

Replies

• meesh109
    Options
    Well, what can I say about Week 2?!?! It's a toughie! Challenging, but in a good way!!! I'm not a fan of the "Plank" Cardio excercises, and guess what.... There are 3 different plankies here!! The worst being round 1, which is Plank Jacks followed by Mountain Climbers!! :noway:
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh don't get me started on the planks!! :noway:
    Jillian is always reminding which muscles of mine are the most weak and my arms are freaking noodles, most of time I don't realize it but I end up hunching my back to get it done, as soon as I realize I've done it though I do my best to correct myself.
  • chanzy85
    chanzy85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    did my first day today, could of gone better lol. does anyone know whats the calorie count it burns? so I can enter it in my diary
  • meesh109
    Options
    Aaargh, my shoulders and legs hurt today!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I guess I really should have posted here from the beginning, as I did a week of RI 30 last week. I finished my second week today, with week 4 (I do weeks 1-4 4 days a week instead of 4-5 days of each level). My original goal was to do week 1 Mon, week 2 Tu, week 3 Th and week 4 Fri (which I did do last week) but my legs and body were worn out from my increased strength workouts in the afternoon to complete week 4 Friday, so I did it today. On to week 3:)
  • meesh109
    Options
    Sorry folks, been MIA for a few days! Only managed 3 days of Week 2 last week, so will continue with it this week, then move on to Week 3!!!

Keep up the good work all! :smile:
  • meesh109
    Options
    Workout done!!! Used 3kg weights for some of the excercises!! Might regret that in the morning!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • meesh109
    Options
    Feeling it in my shoulders!! 2nd last day of Week 2! Plan is to take Sat & Sunday off, as I'm away for the weekend!!! Start week 3 on Monday, Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not!

Have a great weekend all! :drinker:
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Finishing up Week 1 soon and then moving on to 2...anything I should be warned about? :tongue:
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yay week 2 day 1 done! Loved the change from week 1 - and you weren't kidding about the planks! This week seems to be plank central :tongue: As with week 1 I think it will take another day before I'm really sure what I'm doing with some of the moves - the only downside I find of the 30 second sets is that some of them I'm just getting the hang of when it's time to move onto the next move :laugh:

I managed to do the non modified moves for everything except the last set of abs where I was struggling again to keep my lower back on the mat. Definitely need to step up my pilates to get that core properly engaged ...
  • TheMOC
    TheMOC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 today! I don't think I'm doing the table tops right, my butt is always dragging on the ground.
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 done - still loving it except for the cardio in circuit 1, boo for all the planks, my arms can't take it!!

Followed up with yoga meltdown level 1. Has anyone done this workout? Phew, my shoulders!!
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 done - still loving it except for the cardio in circuit 1, boo for all the planks, my arms can't take it!!

Followed up with yoga meltdown level 1. Has anyone done this workout? Phew, my shoulders!!
    I tried it once this week, but only managed to get halfway through it! Never done yoga before and I guess it was too much for me right after RI30 so I switched to a hatha flow yoga workout for the last few days and I sbsolutely love it.

As for week 2 I started yesterday so today was my second. I probably like it better than week 1, but all those planks are killing me! Wow! The cardio in circuit 1 is crazy and the strenght part in circut 2 is no joke either... but I break a good sweat, burn a lot and can feel that I'm getting stronger, yippie :bigsmile:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining you in week 2 shorty! Hopefully by Wednesday.
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 - so much more interesting than week 1 - and so challenging (in a good way!)
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 done. Am enjoying this so much more than 30ds! Less jumping jacks is always a good thing!
    Those cardio planks are very very hard though. But maybe by day 5 will keep up!
  • olalola1981
    Options

I tried it once this week, but only managed to get halfway through it! Never done yoga before and I guess it was too much for me right after RI30 so I switched to a hatha flow yoga workout for the last few days and I sbsolutely love it.

As for week 2 I started yesterday so today was my second. I probably like it better than week 1, but all those planks are killing me! Wow! The cardio in circuit 1 is crazy and the strenght part in circut 2 is no joke either... but I break a good sweat, burn a lot and can feel that I'm getting stronger, yippie :bigsmile:

Ah agreed on yoga meltdown - it's definitely not a beginners' yoga workout!! I'm a big yoga fan but haven't done any for a couple of months so really felt pushed... going to stick with it I think...
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 done, still loving it but still rubbish at the cardio planks :grumble:

Going strong but I did take my week 2 rest day yesterday as wasn't feeling too good so going to power on through to week 3 now!!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1. I forgot how much I don't like this level. Looking forward to level 3 already. Except for the duck walks.
  • olalola1981
    Options
    I forgot to log my workout yesterday as ended up working out quite late but week 2 day 6 done tonight. Looking forward to moving on to week 3, the cardio planks just kill me!!

How's everyone doing?