Clean Eating Clarification

Options
Hello! A friend and I have decided to give Clean Eating a try for 30 days. I am on Day 5 and so far I think I have been doing pretty good. I have not eaten anything from a box or bag! Lots of fresh fruit and veggies and all my meat I have purchased at our local butcher. I am not eating all organic (please don't judge me on that. I still believe fresh is still a good option). My confusion is on diary. I thought I had to buy whole fat cheese since that's the most natural but a lot of sites on Clean Eating show nonfat diary or reduced fat dairy? So which should I be eating?? Also I saw another site that recommened eating strawberries with Cool Whip? I thought Cool Whip was processed? I also need to guidance on bread. I know it needs to be Whole Wheat. Anything else I need to look for? Any tips on what to look for or stay away from would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• ccb1128
    Options
    Cool whip is as processed as they come.

http://www.organicauthority.com/health/skip-the-cool-whip-you-dont-want-to-know-what-its-made-of.html

Whole fat cheese is cleaner than reduced or nonfat. Raw milk cheese is even better. You can find it at Trader Joe's.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you're going to eat bread, Ezekiel breads are a good benchmark. Pretty much the "cleanest" store bought bread easily found in stores.
  • JodiMMitchell
    JodiMMitchell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Ezekiel breads. Love the cinnamon raisin English muffins too. Have you ever read Just the rules by Tosca Reno? Her books are great. Just the rules only takes about an hour to read from front to back and it has great tips in it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love Ezekiel breads. Love the cinnamon raisin English muffins too. Have you ever read Just the rules by Tosca Reno? Her books are great. Just the rules only takes about an hour to read from front to back and it has great tips in it.
    I haven't, but know her website well.
  • dcinthesummer
    dcinthesummer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating Magazine folded, though their FB page is still active. I am so bummed!
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    They're back in business. Purchased by AIM - I just received my latest issue a week or two ago.
  • dcinthesummer
    dcinthesummer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Really? I thought this print one was the last one they were offering- where did you read they purchased? THanks for the info.