Progess Anyone?

Options
zilfig64
zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
On Day 4: Added this to my routine as I do alot of body-weight exercises, and I have always wanted to do an handstand (I am 49 - 6'5" and currently 270 (and falling!))- been able to get hands about 42" from the wall and still feel comfortable - 3 sets 45 seconds per hold - much more than I thought I could do 5 days ago! More as the days progress - I also added an exercise to the database - Plank: handstand.

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,871 Member
    Options
    On Day 4: Added this to my routine as I do alot of body-weight exercises, and I have always wanted to do an handstand (I am 49 - 6'5" and currently 270 (and falling!))- been able to get hands about 42" from the wall and still feel comfortable - 3 sets 45 seconds per hold - much more than I thought I could do 5 days ago! More as the days progress - I also added an exercise to the database - Plank: handstand.

Great going. I am still hugging the wall, LOL.

Shelley
  • chrissalvato
    chrissalvato Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Jake!

I actually hear this all the time :) People make a huge amount of progress in the first month. In another 5 days you will be closer to the wall still.

The first two parts of learning to handstand (wall planks and wall handstands) are the two hardest parts. They are also the least fun...so if you are enjoying the process now, it will only get better. Just keep plodding along so long as you keep making progress. :)

-Chris
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm starting slow with this and practicing whenever I get the chance. Not every day yet and just doing the wall plank stage but I'm excited to incorporate the plan more comprehensively into my workouts in 2014!